Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Bag Help

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 10 Replies

OK, so this might seem like common sense to most, but I'm a first time mom and a first-class worrier, so I need a little help.  The following is a list of what's currently in my diaper bag, please let me know what else I might need.

Diapers

wipes

changing pad

butt paste

lotion

powder

disposable bags for dirty diapers

hand sanitizer

nursing wrap

extra clothes

burp cloth

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aconrad
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM
Pacifiers. Only if ur using them.
jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Extra pacifier and bottle. (If you use bottles ever) 

A receiving blanket.

Extra socks.

Gas drops.

Nursing pads if you nurse.

nonna
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Be sure that "extra clothes" includes a shirt for mom too.  You'll only get thrown up on once while out in public with no extra shirt before that's a regular item.  Ugh. 

Krystiana ~ Loving wifey to Nick, Momma to Juliana,
Stepmomma to Lillyana,
and growing a boy. EDD-2/20/09

meghan925
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Do you bottle feed? If so add an extra bottle and bottle of water for on the go. If you dont it sounds like youve got the basics. Maybe a binkie if your baby takes one.

I'm a Life LOViN' 17 year old GREAT teen mommy to Alaina (15 months old) .I'ma Harry Potter FREAK, dont give a shit what you think, fast-food junkie, stay at home mom, born and raised in Tampa Florida :)  I have been with my man (babys father) for 3 years and not pushing marriage anytime soon. Got my high school diploma and I'm on the way to break the teen mommy stereotype. I DONT regret any decisions Ive made in my life and  honestly, I WOULD NOT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!

kellybelly7570
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 AM

One of those blue squeezy-sucker things......you know, for cleaning out the baby's nose and mouth.   I like to have that around in case they gag on something.

MrsShepherd610
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Thanks for the help ladies!

youngartista
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I also took one of those wal-mart kits with nail clippers/thermometer/ i also took stuff like tylenol.. Specially if you forget to take it to your babys' doc appts. Medicine is always there!!!

Quoting kellybelly7570:

One of those blue squeezy-sucker things......you know, for cleaning out the baby's nose and mouth.   I like to have that around in case they gag on something.

shellbell75
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I always carry a mini bottle of body wash too. In case ds had a blow out or something and I needed to clean him up at a friends or grndmas and wet wipes wern't cutting it. I also kept a thermometer and tylenol. There were a few time it came in handy. My ds had severe reflux and I always kept a shirt in the car. I used it more than once.

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:43 AM

spare bib, socks, blanket, paci, any medicines you may need, but i would only worry with those for long trips.

Mandi
MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM

If you are nursing, I suggest keeping extra nursing pads or boob pads as I called them in there. You never know when you will be in a bind and need them for yourself. As well as that, keep son lanolin in there also, I don't know how many times that came in handy.Also, a small zip lock bag, or dirty diaper bag. Sometimes you will be in situations where you cant throw a dirty diaper out with you. Better safe than sorry!

XmotherXwifeXnurseXstudentmidwifeXstraightedgeXbreastfeedingX
XhomebirthingXnonvaccinatingXliberalXprochoiceXgreenXtravelingX
XfuturehomeschoolingXathiestXarmywifeXlevelheadedXfeministX
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)