Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depressed .... need to vent

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi all.

so far I have been in preterm labor 4 times and now that I have reached 38 weeks Im just fine! Having some contractions but nothing to go rushing to the hospital about. I found out at 35 weeks that I have gestational Diebetes and that my little girl will most likely be big. Well at 36 weeks she was 6lbs 2 oz and i have been gaining a steady 2 labs a week since. Im worried that she may be big now and my doc dosnt seem to be the least bit concerned. Im getting all the swelling in my feet and legs now to. Have gone thru the nseting faze and lost my full mucus plug last friday but still no baby. Today I got a call from my MIL and she told me that our cousins GFs water broke and is in labor. We are both due the same day and both having girls. Now I feel worse because with everything I have gone thru I figured our baby would be here by now but she is still snuggled up in there. I ahve horrible back pain, cant sleep more then 2 hours at night and cant go out to walk because its so freakin cold. Please help.... Is it normal for me to feel like this????????

expecting girlits a girlsmile

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
omigodfirstbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Oh feel the same way! i am 39weeks tommorow i have been having sever contractions. yesterday morning i thought yesterday morning i was going into labor i was having conractions 5 mins part and 1 min in lenght so DH where getting ready to go to the hospital. Then after 55 mins the contractions completely stopped!! and don't feel bad about gaining 2lbs a week since 36w because i have been also! i don't have GD but I do have GBS. so i know how you feel hang in there!

787BabyMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Totally normal.  You are ready to be done.  Who can blame you?!

1sttimemom512
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I too am 38 weeks, and I completely understand what you are  going through.   I have been in preterm labor, and now I am doing fine.  The only difference with me is the fact that I am still not dilating!  The feet swelling.... my feet and calves double in size in no time flat, but I do not have GD.  It will be over soon....bump

crook_family
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:37 AM

thanks ladies for the replys. I was at the dr yesterday ad he told me that im not dilated again. How can your cervix close back up. I was 2 cm last wednesday when I was in the hospital in labor and now im back to fingertip. Whats up with that. Im having mild cramps now so im hoping that the wait wont be much longer.

expecting girlits a girlsmile

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Ultrasound measurements are often inaccurate. As long as you continue to take care of your gestational diabetes, manage your diet, and remain healthy, your baby will be perfectly fine. Women give birth to huge babies all the time. My first was a fully natural birth, at home with a little boy that turned out to be over 9 pounds. My second was also a natural home birth, before my due date and she was 8 pounds 2 oz.   Ultrasound measurements and large babies are not something to be afraid of. Just continue to do what you are doing Mommy and everything will be just fine!

XmotherXwifeXnurseXstudentmidwifeXstraightedgeXbreastfeedingX
XhomebirthingXnonvaccinatingXliberalXprochoiceXgreenXtravelingX
XfuturehomeschoolingXathiestXarmywifeXlevelheadedXfeministX
mamakelly1979
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:45 AM

If you really want to walk, take a trip to the mall or the grocery store and just walk around there. It seems like I get most of my exercise at the grocery store lately. :)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kirasmommy7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

With my dd i was having contractions often i was dialated  to 2 for 3 weeks. i ended up with back labor. i didnt have GD but i know how you are feeling. the baby wil be here in no time. hang in there!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)