Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

braxton hicks ugh

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

just curious can constipation cause braxton hick contractions? and what have you ladies tried to make yourself comfortable when these lovely fake contractions bother you most of the day?? and i know stress factors into them also but my kids juts dont stop fighting all day their horrid ugh i just ignore them when i can bt ive tried layin on my left side and it doesnt help plus my pelvic bone feels like its going to shatter and im miserable anyhthing you ladies can offer ill try! i just want to be comfortable even if just for 5 minutes!! btw im 30 weeks and 2 days today! thanks

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
omigodfirstbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Drink lots and lots of fluids. dehydration can cause BH.

Girlymommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM

YES!!! I just learned that constipation can cause contractions. It did not happen with either of my girls, but this time around they are annoying. Not painful, but sort of uncomfortable. I started drinking more juice instead of just water and it has seemed to help.  :)

Jlynnevans
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I am 32 weeks and I get them ALL DAY long!  They even started at 4 months!  My doctor told me to drink a tall glass of water and lay on my left side, but sometimes it feels better to lay on my right.  I still feel pain and discomfert when I lay down, but eventually it gets better.  I also notice i get them even worse when I gassy or bloated.  I know they suck cuz i get them every 5 minutes at night, but the best you can do is rest because too much activity brings them on as well.  Hope this helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)