Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

33 week's and i could go at 35 36 week's =(

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 4 Replies

2 week's ago i went for a U/S because my doctor was concerned about my cervix being short and yesterday i went for my 2 week check up and my doctor told me that my cervix was shorter then normal and more then likely i'll go between 35 and 36 week's...I know most baby's won't have any problem's but i still can't help but worry i would love some advice on how to deal with this new's and if anyone else had there child at that point and can tell me there story's

Thank you

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
smushy79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I had my oldest at 36 weeks. He was 5 lbs 10 oz, 19 inches and 100% healthy. I think they get concerned that the lungs arent fully developed at that point. But like I said, he was just fine. He is 6 now and has always been in good health, alot better than my youngest who was born at 39 weeks. Do they say what they baby is weighing now?

HannahsMom537
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I had my first at 36 weeks and 6 days.  She was 6lbs 11 oz and perfectly healthy.  Good luck!

aphrodite7400
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

i had my first at 34W, induced, and he was born vaginally.  i was severely sick with HELLP syndrome.  he had to spend time in the NICU only b/c he was under 6lbs and b/c of the meds i was given b/c of the hellp.  im sure your baby will be fine!  goodluck!

BooBear81
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM

the very best thing you can do is be healthy and stay off of your feet... I have heard from sooo many moms that their babies have been fine at 35-36 weeks- almost all of them went home with mom. At 36 weeks, the lungs are almost fully developed- and some babies develop a little faster than others.

The good thing is, you have a heads up about this and so does your doctor. Knowing in advance will give everyone involved time to plan for all of the possiblilities.

Good luck, Mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)