Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot believe it....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

So, I went to the DR today, he was all ready to do my amnio to see if baby's lungs are developed and baby decided he was not going to co-operate.  Apparently baby Austin felt the need to move my placenta so it is now in the front instead of behind him....UGH!  So, my DR stretched me adn stripped my membranes.  He said there is a 70% chance I will have baby Austin by Mondya, but I have to go back first thing Monday if he is not here yet.

Stubborn baby.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
other_mother
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:53 AM
How can the baby move your placenta? I am just having my first so I haven't heard about alot of things.
pregnancy week by week
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM

LOL...thats a new one for me too! He is stubborn!

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

mdmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM

never heard of that one before lol..

Baby girl #4 is on her way...Due April 20th 2009!!

BooBear81
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:59 AM

well, so long as he gets here safe and sound, it's all good, right???

I think I am having a stubborn one, too- if that makes you feel any  better!

Mommy2BeFeb2009
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Apparently because I am so far along and I have been dialated at 5cm and 90% effaced my placenta within the last week disengaged from my uterus.  Which is why my DR has me going back on Monday.  If I do not go into labor by Monday it can be harmful to both me and baby with the placenta basically floating around. 

I go in for an U/S every week and every other day to be checked, so it happened sometime over the weekend.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
BooBear81
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

well, then you will be in my thoughts and prayers... And hopefully you and your baby boy will be bonging very soon. I hope that all goes well with your delivery!

Quoting Mommy2BeFeb2009:

Apparently because I am so far along and I have been dialated at 5cm and 90% effaced my placenta within the last week disengaged from my uterus.  Which is why my DR has me going back on Monday.  If I do not go into labor by Monday it can be harmful to both me and baby with the placenta basically floating around. 

I go in for an U/S every week and every other day to be checked, so it happened sometime over the weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)