Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone full-time working moms due in March

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi there!

Just wondering where are the full-time working moms who are due in March? How is it working right now in this 3rd trimester? When are you going out on maternity leave? How much time are you taking off? When are you due in March?

I'll go first...

I'm totally tired by my commute! Since I'm getting pretty big, it's becoming way more difficult to sit at my desk...Well actually, it's just tough sitting UP at my desk  when I really just want to lay down :-) I've given up on wearing my heels and have settled for nice open toe shoes w/a very low heel. We have a 'nap room' here at work for preggies so I've been taking my breaks there - thank goodness! I'm going out on maternity leave a month before my due date and I plan on taking 4 months off afterwards.

Cheers everyone! :-)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM

me! Im due march 16th :)

Yea this last trimester is sucking :( Im working up until my due date and will then take two months off and after that will work from home for a few months....

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

AnaMaria624
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I am due in March. But Im a stay at home mom.

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image
                                    Baby number 2...... Jameson Cole!

Proudmommy1128
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I thought I was due the first week of april, but found out yesterday at my u/s it will be the end of March! I work 10 hr days 5 days a week as a lab tech for 6 of the busiest cardiologists in this town, and I am really getting tired of it fast! I will work up until I cant anymore, and will be starting nursing school afterwards in Aug. Cant wait! :)

LalaMo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Hey ladies - Thx for the posts so far! W/my first child, I worked up until I delivered. Literally went into work in the morning, left for my prenatal chk-up, then had to go to the hospital because I was leaking amniotic fluid. This time around I am electing to take off a month before since I didn't get anytime off before - especially now that I'm older and I'm sooooooooo tired! OMG - I've been so tired that I've been snoring on the train home - lol!!!!!!!!

Proudmommy1128
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Haha...I completely understand and sympathize w you. I swear some nights I get home and fall asleep without even getting outta my scrubs!

Quoting LalaMo:

Hey ladies - Thx for the posts so far! W/my first child, I worked up until I delivered. Literally went into work in the morning, left for my prenatal chk-up, then had to go to the hospital because I was leaking amniotic fluid. This time around I am electing to take off a month before since I didn't get anytime off before - especially now that I'm older and I'm sooooooooo tired! OMG - I've been so tired that I've been snoring on the train home - lol!!!!!!!!

peaceluvinhippy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Hey all! I am due March 2nd and WOW am I ready to quit working lol!! I never really have thought about it until the last two weeks when I am trying to drag myself out of bed at 7 a.m. that I am going to be needing to mention that maternity leave lol!! Everyone keeps asking me when I plan on taking it and I just keep telling them when I go intol labor! Plus if I go into labor while I am at work its closer to the hospital and my dad works next door lol! Its gettin harder to refrain from callin in and blamin it on the baby! ha ha!  IDK what Im going to do with 7 weeks off!! maybe go stir crazy??

Denvermom2b3909
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I am Due March 9th and am still working full-time up until the day I pop.  Well, that is the plan anyway...at this point I can't imagine how I am going to continue to move around while I double in size every day.  And I, like you, am so tired I can barely stand it.  I work at a ballet company so not a lot of people waddling through the halls here and no where to take a break or lay down.  I am planning on taking 6 weeks off cause my maternity leave isn't paid and we can't afford much longer than that, but I am sure the time will fly so fast that I will want to take longer.

Good luck to you!  So you are getting close to your time off if you are taking a month before the due date.  That sounds like a great plan! 

cheeres
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I look forward to my maternity leave. I will be working until I pop or the day before my induction. I will only be getting 6 weeks since that is all short term will pay me for. But I get board quickly.

- Chantel

Mom to a Jaidyn a 5 year princess and a prince on the way!

Expecting a baby Boy named Gerald!

Due March 2, 2009 but inducing Feb 26!

jgirl04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Hi! I'm due March 14th. Not only is my commute getting old, I got into an accident on 12/29, so I'm scared to drive anymore. I put in to start my leave on March 9th, but I have vaca time the 1st week of March, so technically my last day will be Feb 27th. Woohoo!!!  As for returning back, My maternity time is not paid, so it's going to be hard. Right now I'm scheduled to come back June1st, but It'll probably be sooner if our funds can't support it. I currently work 50+ hrs/wk, so I'm exhausted all the time! I need a break! lol

expecting boy

AirealSBuchanan
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Im due mar. 12th. plan on quitting feb. 20th or so, to allow myself time at home before to rest and get all prepared. Its pretty tough right now, like doing certain things in my office are very hard for me and im slower and slower everyday at trying to get my stuff done. But only a few more weeks and then i will be a stay at home mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)