Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

massage a few weeks after delivery? how is this going to work!?!?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok, so for my baby shower....my friends pitched in and got me a trip to the spa.

i get a facial, a body wrap, a massage, and a mani/pedi.

my concern is...how will i do this if im breastfeeding?? i cant lay on my stomach shirtless can i? what about the body wrap? it would be EXTREMELY embarassing to squirt the spa lady doing all of this for me! lol!

anyone had a massage or wrap after a baby? what did you do?

Proud Mommy to be of Ozlo Robert Simms!

babies
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jiara1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I was planning on going for my first massage next week and hadn't really thought about that!  They always keep a towel over your boobs anyway, so it should be ok.  I would say just relax and enjoy it!  If you do squirt her a little, she will probably never notice anyway, there will be oils and rubs all over...LOL  I hear breastmilk is very good for the skin!

Mrs.Simms
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

LMAO! we can just give each OTHER facials!! HAHAHA! oh god...that would be bad!

i guess what im mostly concerned about is laying on my chest for the massage...my boobs are gonna hurt right? and be incredibly packed with milk!

Quoting jiara1:

I was planning on going for my first massage next week and hadn't really thought about that! They always keep a towel over your boobs anyway, so it should be ok. I would say just relax and enjoy it! If you do squirt her a little, she will probably never notice anyway, there will be oils and rubs all over...LOL I hear breastmilk is very good for the skin!

babies
LeanneC
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I would try and wait until about 6 weeks.  By then your supply will be regulating and you won't be engorged all the time, and you will also be able to give your baby a bottle at that point without as much risk for nipple confusion.  Just nurse right before you go in and you should be fine.

nicolea86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I am a licensed esthetician and I definately wouldn't do a body wrap without having your breasts covered if you are nursing. Wear a swimsuit top! That's the best option, but they also put product close to your breasts so if you dont cover them, that could cause infection or a different taste to the baby. Definately wear a swimsuit top! And call and ask that esthetician/massage therapist's policy, it would probably be more comfortable for you too, knowing that it's less likely that it will cause any issues!

Mrs.Simms
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM

ahhh thank you! i wasnt sure if i could wear a bikini top or somethin. but its nice to know i can! ive never had anything like this done so its gonna be a real treat! especially since im getting the slim and tone body wrap haha! ok, im so relieved! i can just put nursing pads in the bikini top if i absolutely have to. i dont wanna leak all over everything haha!

Quoting nicolea86:

I am a licensed esthetician and I definately wouldn't do a body wrap without having your breasts covered if you are nursing. Wear a swimsuit top! That's the best option, but they also put product close to your breasts so if you dont cover them, that could cause infection or a different taste to the baby. Definately wear a swimsuit top! And call and ask that esthetician/massage therapist's policy, it would probably be more comfortable for you too, knowing that it's less likely that it will cause any issues!

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)