Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placental Abruption?? Anyone?! HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have placental abruption from a car accident I was in when I was 28 weeks pregnant, I'm 35 weeks now and I was just wodnering if anyone else has gone through this? What type of measures did your doctor take because of it? Were there any problems with the baby? Did you find out through having bloodwork done or were you spotting? Did you deliver early? Are there any warning signs to look for thoughout your pregnancy if you have this?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM

My friend has one (im not sure why) but because of it she had dr appts every 2 weeks her entire pregnancy, had non-stress tests weekly & was taken off work totally at 30 weeks. Her dr also delivered they baby via c-section at 37 weeks.

reflect1light
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM

APA

Baby Center

Wikipedia

Mayo Clinic

March of Dimes

Here are some sites that talk about placental abruption. From everything that I read, it can only really be diagnosed after birth, when they look at the placenta. If you haven't had any issues in the last 8 weeks, that is good.

pregnancy calendar

baby

mrssundin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM

i abrupted with my daughter at 24 weeks there was nothing that they could do but to deliever the baby to keep me from bleeding to death, but i have heard that you are suppose to be on total bedrest and only  get out of bed to use the rest room, or shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)