Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high blood pressure *update*

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had my dr. appt today and i was just getting my wieght done blood pressure checked..and the nurse said i have high blood pressure 140/100 << im like wtf i didnt have my blood pressure like that in my last visit which was 2 weeks ago..i guess it just happend during those two weeks..i almost ended up in the hospital because of it..i have to go to back to the doctor tomorrow to check my blood pressure again..i am supposed to have a scheduled c-section on feb. 9 due to my baby being breeched..so what happens if my blood pressure is still high? are they going to keep me in the hospital until my blood pressure goes down? im really scared...i never went through that before..

Okay ladies well i went to back to the doctor on thursday 1/22/09 and my blood pressure went back up...154/110 the midwife checked me and sent me to the hospital..i have been on a 24 hr urine check to see if any protein had developed..well one of the doctors told me my protein had developed to a mild state and i have developed preclampsia..and i am going to have a c-section on friday 1/30/09...my baby is doing okay she weighs 6 pounds 3 ounces..and is going to be healthy enough to be delievered early....so i have been in the hospital since thursday..i cant even leave my room ! to go outside not even in a wheel chair..i feel so trapped...but its watever as long as my baby is okay... =]...

thankk you to the ladies that responded!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kory0612
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM

It happened to me at the end of both of my pregnancies. I just got the high bp and no pre eclampsia. Anyway with my first I had to go in the hospital at 34 weeks and they did an emergency c-sec b/c it got so high (180/118) and with my second it didn't go up until 38 weeks so they just did a repeat c sec then. Once I had them it took a few days to get back to normal but it went back down. Good Luck you should be fine if you have a good Dr. Lay on your left side as much as possible. That's what helps the blood to your heart and your pressure goes down. Good Luck! You will be a mommy soon! :)

priincessz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM

thank you i feel much better now...i keep you updated!

Quoting Kory0612:

It happened to me at the end of both of my pregnancies. I just got the high bp and no pre eclampsia. Anyway with my first I had to go in the hospital at 34 weeks and they did an emergency c-sec b/c it got so high (180/118) and with my second it didn't go up until 38 weeks so they just did a repeat c sec then. Once I had them it took a few days to get back to normal but it went back down. Good Luck you should be fine if you have a good Dr. Lay on your left side as much as possible. That's what helps the blood to your heart and your pressure goes down. Good Luck! You will be a mommy soon! :)

bex07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM

If it's still high when you go back to the doctor tomorrow they might send you over to the hospital for a non stress test and lots of blood work. If all your labs come back fine and the NST shows that the baby is still happy they might put you on bed rest until your scheduled c section. The good thing is you are at a really safe point if they need to take the baby now. I had this happen with both of my boys. The first one the HBP started at 35 weeks and I made it to 37 and the second it started at 31 weeks and I made it to 38. Hang in there and good luck! You might be meeting your new baby sooner than you thought! :-)

I LOVE MY BOYS!!
Gavin Issac~07-06-05 & Brody Landon~10-24-07twin boys
Baby #3 EDD June 19th 2009stork
Mom to 2 angels~12-2006 & 5-2008

ciejsgirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know, I've never had that either but I'll BUMP for you.  =) GOOD LUCK!

ariannasmama807
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM

with my first daughter, towards the end i had high blood pressure & i had to do some tests, and then they put me on bed rest like a month before my duedate, not too fun but whatever keeps you & the baby healthy! i hope all goes well just take it easy!! good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)