Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The hardest thing i've ever witnessed....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

My best friend found out she was pregnant and at like noon, and then at 4pm she started cramping really bad and bleeding....she spotted with both of her babies and she figured that's what it was, but then it was bright red so she wanted me to come see if i thought she needed to get checked (obviously i was going to say yes!) so i took her to the ER and they did a urine test, (the nurse that did the urine test, he walked in with the test and said "you're not pregnant, see" and there were 2 lines! We were both like, um a faint line means a line! It wasnt one that you could barely see, but he was saying that it had to be as dark as the other line) well he went and talked to other nurses and they said he was wrong, so they sent the dr in to do a vag exam, this dr said that her uterus was tilted back  so it was hard to tell how far along he thought she was but it felt kind of like 10-12 weeks but he wanted an u/s done and blood work to get her HCG levels, they took the blood then sent her to an u/s. When she got back from the u/s the sonographer told her that there was no sac, and that with the size of the uterus IF she is pregnant she could probably be 5-6 weeks but the lining of her uterus doesnt look like she is pregnant, or atleast having a viable pregnancy. The blood work came back and the HCG levels were 260! The dr said that for a viable pregnancy even at 4 weeks pregnant they would be atleast 1800 HCG and for a sonogram to pick anything up they should be atleast 2000. Well he said that she is having a miscarriage and sent her home. (She didnt want a D n C so thank god they didnt try and pressure her for one) As soon as i took her home, she went to the bathroom and passed the tiny sac with tissue....I had no idea what to say, that was the hardest thing ive ever witnessed and i feel for ANYONE who has ever had to go through that.

Evan is 3 and Trevor is 2

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
heartsandskulls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:31 PM

oh my goodness. your a great friend for being there for her. That has got to be hard for anyone. im so sorry your friend is going through this. she will be in my thoughts.

pregnancy calendar

taramd3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

i have gone thru this same exact thing so i feel for your friend...i went thru the whole ER trip and the U/S--only in my US they said that they saw the sac and all looked well---2 hours later as soon as i got home i went to the bathroom and there was the lil sac--i actually put it into a container and took it to the doc so he could send it off to have testing done to make sure that it wasnt anything major as to why i lost the baby...but it was hard---i was about 6 weeks...i cried for weeks--and i had to have a D&C done--but with time your friend will recover...its hard but i would rather lose the baby early in a pregnancy then later after i had bonded and all......i pray for your friends grief to be brief and for her heart to heal quickly...

Come join us at http://www.cafemom.com/group/labellarosa

nicolea86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Thanks guys! I want to give her space but still keep in touch and make sure she is okay. I dont know what she wants and i dont want to go overboard in making sure she is okay...that may make things worse.

haleysmama21
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Awww the poor thing! I'm so sorry for her!! Thank goodness you were there with her for support!!

heartsandskulls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM

just make sure she knows your there for her.

Quoting nicolea86:

Thanks guys! I want to give her space but still keep in touch and make sure she is okay. I dont know what she wants and i dont want to go overboard in making sure she is okay...that may make things worse.

pregnancy calendar

Mazie0723
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Aww I'm so sorry your friend had to go through that.. I'll pray for her to get better soon..

pregnancy due date

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

That is so sad. bless you for being there for her. iam so sorry for her

lovebugs_mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM

That sounds like exactly what happened to me. My dates said I should have been 11 weeks, but they were never able to find a heartbeat, and the u/s showed at about 5 weeks. I passed a little sac like that too. It was hard, but over time it get easier. I am glad that you were there for your friend. I bet that meant a lot to her.

mom2pagan
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

that makes me want to cry..i'm so sorry for your friend, i can't even imagine...

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)