Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

[PIOG] Complaining and worried...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

My DH and I are very night on money right now. After playing all our bills and putting aside $100 for groceries and gas for the MONTH we're going to have only $20 left over. My DH has a good paying job but I had to quit mine. They were working me 40+ hours a week and refusing to make me full time AND I asked them to lower my hours way down at the beginning of my pregnancy because I had a miscarriage in April, just to be on the safe side. So I quit and my DH told me that no body would hire me being pregnant and all so I just stay at home all the time doing nothing. I get so bored since we have no money to go out and do anything so I am just always home and I think its depressing me. Rawr.

Well I am really worried about our food situation. Right now all we have is waffle mix, noodles, not even half a loaf of bread, 4 eggs, no milk, pickles, tons of rice and muffin mix. Now very healthy for a pregnant woman. I get worried that our baby isn't getting all the nutrients and everything that she needs. So well my parents put $50 in our account for some food and I just called my DH to ask him if I could go out and get a few things.. maybe spend like $20 and he says we can't afford to do that and that my parents money is going towards bills. It makes me sad.. I am about to go have me some noodles with butter for lunch. How healthy is that?

I am on WIC but all we have left for the month is a block of cheese.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nathans_mom407
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Sorry you are having a hard time but it sounds like you either need to get a job or your DH needs to get another one.  I hope things work out for you. 

mom2wy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Maybe you could talk with family services and see if you can get food stamps. Is there anyone you could babysit for just to bring in that extra cash? I would go out in the area and ask if anyone would higher you temp. You wont know till you ask. GL

Kierri
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:49 PM

DH can't get a 2nd job until he changes job titles which will be next month.. but he plans too.. and he won't let me get a 2nd job..

Quoting nathans_mom407:

Sorry you are having a hard time but it sounds like you either need to get a job or your DH needs to get another one.  I hope things work out for you. 

Dixichic
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM

i agree with the pp.

pregnancy calendar
gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM

File your taxes : ) or get a job? or your DH can get a second job?

nathans_mom407
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM

He "won't let" you get a second job, but he will let his wife starve and unborn child be malnourished.  I think you need to start thinking about the needs of you and your unborn child.  What are you going to do when you have a baby? I hope you are planning on breastfeeding because WIC doesn't cover most people for formula for an entire month.  Even then you need to have a healthy diet.

Quoting Kierri:

DH can't get a 2nd job until he changes job titles which will be next month.. but he plans too.. and he won't let me get a 2nd job..

Quoting nathans_mom407:

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM

They have jobs that you can work from home....they may be call center jobs but, its money (even if only part time). West corporation hires work at homes, 1-800-flowers.... if you google, im sure you will find some stuff :) Also, cut back on some of your bills like, cell phone. If you arent using all of your minutes, or txt messages, then cut back until you get back on your feet. All you have to do is call your provider, its very easy to do. I do it all the time :)

I had a ton of friends who worked for WEST when we were in highschool. Its a reputable company....

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)