Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I seem to be dialating just fine and have been having strong labor contractions but I keep getting sent home because my cervix isn't thinning.  I'm dialated to 4cm but only soft cervix. Has this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytwins83
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM

hmm i never had that happen to me but seems like most hospitals i been to would of kept you by now..and then try to help it along how far along are you..

hotmomof5plus1onthewaykissing

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:55 PM

To have a great experience, let go of "what the cervix is doing."   Pretend that you don't have any idea.   (Better yet, DON'T get checked, lol!)   

When it's truly time, your intense contractions will be close and you'll know something is different.   Whoever is with you can help determine when to go in.

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

abjones00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I got checked at L&D I was having contractions very strong 5 min apart.  Still having them but they sent me home bc of my cervix.

Quoting doulala:

To have a great experience, let go of "what the cervix is doing."   Pretend that you don't have any idea.   (Better yet, DON'T get checked, lol!)   

When it's truly time, your intense contractions will be close and you'll know something is different.   Whoever is with you can help determine when to go in.

abjones00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I'm due in 14 days.

Quoting mommytwins83:

hmm i never had that happen to me but seems like most hospitals i been to would of kept you by now..and then try to help it along how far along are you..

LindseyAnne7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM

i had strong contractions but kept getting sent home bc i wasn't dilating.  so i'd say you are better off than i was lol

.imperfection is beauty.

.madness is genius && it's better to be. 
              .absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM

You might consider this a good thing~   lucky!   (You could have been checked in and given drugs to force baby into the world before it's truly time.)

If you live close enough and have someone to "doula" for you, you could wait until they get much closer, perhaps.

How intense are your contractions?   How long is each one?  Like this for several hours/days?

What do you need to do to cope through them?

Quoting abjones00:

I got checked at L&D I was having contractions very strong 5 min apart.  Still having them but they sent me home bc of my cervix.

Quoting doulala:

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Cynthje
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Try to relax as much as you can, remember to keep yourself well hydrated and take good care of yourself. I know that it cant be easy to go through it but your body is getting ready for labor and birth. Hang in there!

abjones00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM

They are about 5-7 min apart started yesterday at 5AM. They slowed to 30-40 min this morning after being sent home again.  They feel like someone is stabbing me in the front and the back and turning the knife.  To get through them I cry and sway back and forth and breath.

Quoting doulala:

You might consider this a good thing~   lucky!   (You could have been checked in and given drugs to force baby into the world before it's truly time.)

If you live close enough and have someone to "doula" for you, you could wait until they get much closer, perhaps.

How intense are your contractions?   How long is each one?  Like this for several hours/days?

What do you need to do to cope through them?

Quoting abjones00:

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Except the knife & crying~   this sounds like a good thing:   Your body is working on a labor rhythm.   Your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.   Many of us work into labor (some more/less gradually) over time.

Although this might sound crazy~  do what you can to "take on" these surges.   You can change your perspective and start to look at the contraction in a different light.   Although not simple, this can truly transform your labor into becoming more efficient and productive.

You must will these contractions to be here (not fight them or hate them or fear them).

"Labor contractions?   Don't think of them as pain; think of them as an interesting sensation that requires all of your attention."       ~Gaskin

Quoting abjones00:

They are about 5-7 min apart started yesterday at 5AM. They slowed to 30-40 min this morning after being sent home again.  They feel like someone is stabbing me in the front and the back and turning the knife.  To get through them I cry and sway back and forth and breath.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

abjones00
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM

oh trust me as much as they hurt I want them here! I'm trying to figure out how to get them to come more often.  I'm not scared of them at all. They hurt but there is somethign worth it at the end.

Quoting doulala:

Except the knife & crying~   this sounds like a good thing:   Your body is working on a labor rhythm.   Your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.   Many of us work into labor (some more/less gradually) over time.

Although this might sound crazy~  do what you can to "take on" these surges.   You can change your perspective and start to look at the contraction in a different light.   Although not simple, this can truly transform your labor into becoming more efficient and productive.

You must will these contractions to be here (not fight them or hate them or fear them).

"Labor contractions?   Don't think of them as pain; think of them as an interesting sensation that requires all of your attention."       ~Gaskin

Quoting abjones00:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)