Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANY ONE HAD AN ACTUAL V-BACK BIRTH?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

I HAD MY SON WHO IS  NOW  4 C-SECTION! AND 4 YEARS LATER WE DECIDED TO GET PREGG AGAIN!! I REALLY WANT TO TRY TO HAVE THIS BABY NATRUAL! I HAVE HEARD PEOPLE SAY U NEED TO 3-4 YEARS TO LET UR C SETION HEAL!! OR ONCE U HAVE A C-SECTION U WILL ALWAYS HAVE A C-SECTION......................................... ANY ADVICE??

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I usually hear more like only 18 months, maybe 2 years...   With that much time, it should be fine.   What was the reason for your cesarean?   Do you have a supportive provider?   I do have info to pass along if you're looking for some.

Best wishes!   :-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

lovebugs_mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM

My sister has. She has had 4 kids - the 1st was vaginal, the 2nd was a emergancy c-section and the last 2 were both vaginal. Her 2nd and 3rd are about 3 years apart or so.

deann_corral
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM

THANX! WELL WHILE I WAS IN LABOR I WAS DIALTING I THINK I WAS AT A 5 AND WAITING!!  BUT MY SONS HEARTBEAT STARTED SLOWING! HE WAS IN DISTRESS, WE LATER FOUND OUT IT WAS BECAUSE HIS UMBILICAL CORD WAS AROUND HIS NECK! SO I DO SEE THE NEED FOR THE C SECTION IN THAT CASE! I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY HAVEING A NATRUAL BIRTH LIKE A MOM IS SAPOSED TO! 

cstoney87
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM

my first was a c-section and I got pregnant with my second when my first was 1 year old. I had natural with my second. when my first was only about 20 months. it's totally possible! it's just a matter of finding a dr. who encourages v-bac. i am now preggo with my third...due any day now and we're trying for another vbac. we've scheduled for a c-section because she's breached, but like my second i'm sure she'll flip before my appointment and come natural.

cstoney87
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM

all of my children are about a year and a half to two years apart. i worried too that i wouldn't be able to have a vbac because i didn't heal or something, but it's possible!

DolesAngel
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I had a V-BAC and my 2 little girls are 14 months apart. The doctor sais I can have anouther if I really wanted to. Most doctors agree that it is actually safer to have a v-BAC then anouther c-section because you are at greater risk of the insition not healing right. I would opt. for one but that is my oppinion. The down time for a V-BAC is less than the down time for a c-section. Within like a few hrs., I was up walking around but after my c-section, it took me 2 days before I could get up and 2 weeks before I could walk normally. It is an experience that I injoyed more than haveing the c-section.

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Were you in a hospital, in bed/lying down, did you have any kinds of medicines?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

StacieBudd
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I guess it depends on your body and your doctor. Some doctors wont let you go natural after a c-section and some will. You will have to talk to your doctor.

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

from what my DR told me is you really don't know, it depends on how the woman has healed on the inside. I plan on a repeat c/s but i have a good friend who had a VBAC  just a few months ago with no problems and her son is 4.

Mandi
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)