Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrrr

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

Two nights in a row now, I fall asleep and then around 2ish I wake up and cant get back to sleep. I toss and turn all night :( What can I do? This is completely new to me. Im not uncomfortable and the babys not kicking, im just wide awake.

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sarahg2887
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I wish I knew too. I'm due the same time as you and I have the same problem but now I just wake up with contractions.  Good Luck though.

babycowart
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

i'm  right along with you. naturally i'm a sleeper and i LOVE my sleep, but i don't get much these days. i fall asleep in the middle of the day sitting up bc i'm so tired but i wake up in the middle of the night most every night lately and i'm just awake. it's so stressfull to me. sorry i'm not much help but your not alone.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I'm in the same boat and I'm not as far along as you. But when i was as far along as you I drank some sleepy time extra, chamomile , and tension tamer tea with honey and it helped wonders.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Wondering722
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I wake up at either 2:30 or 4:00 every morning.  Sometimes I can't go back to sleep until like 5.  Mostly mine is because I'm worried about the baby showers that people are throwing my husband and I. 

Maybe you're anxious about the baby coming.  That seems to be my issue, I just can't turn my mind off.  I'm not sure what you can do besides just get up and read.  When I had bronchitis I had to take Benadryl with my medicine and that knocked me out.  That was the only good thing about being sick!  :) 

I wouldn't suggest taking Benadryl, but find something natural that makes you sleepy.  Read a book.  Try to stay awake instead of try to sleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)