Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so confused...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

OK i am 37weeks and 5 days pregnant and this is my second pregnancy my son is 2 1/2 anyway i am confused how you know when/if you are having contractions either fake or real ones. i get a tightening in my stomach sometimes that's a little uncomfortable but it feels more like the baby is just pushing out against my belly and it goes from the top to the bottom not all over or side to side so i am confused would you say that i am having braxton hicks contractions or is it just the baby moving and making me uncomfortable.

pregnancy calendar
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy2BeFeb2009
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

My DR told me that real contractions feel like massive AF cramping and your belly will actually look like it is trying to come to a point they will incorporate your whole belly and start in teh back most times.  When in doubt try to time them.  That will let you know for certain.  BH contractions usually are just in the lower belly.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
brittcobb20
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow.I have the same problem.However some of the contractions are very intense and I can feel them in my thighs too.I am having a c-section next Thursday.Good Luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

expecting girlboy n girl

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Contractions are always real, some are more intense than others.  A great indicator is when they become very consistant for a length of time.   If you're noticing that they are getting bigger & stronger over several hours then they're more likely to bring baby out.

Moms who have already delivered will often notice bigger "warming up," but they don't keep on or have the usual labor rhythm that happens with "true" labor.  

Some moms have Prodromal Labor and will go through a lot of warming up and will be very intense, possibly for days or even weeks...

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

sheena20
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Im haveing the same probblem..and my youngest is only 15 months old...they hurt but sometimes the babys moving at the same time they hurt...good luck..

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Unfortunately, sometimes it the baby's movements that cause the contractions--  just to add to the confusion!   :- /

Quoting sheena20:

Im haveing the same probblem..and my youngest is only 15 months old...they hurt but sometimes the babys moving at the same time they hurt...good luck..

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)