Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3D ultrasounds

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know if a 3D ultrasound can identify the sex of the baby sooner than a 2D ultrasound? I plan on having a 3D one anyways but I just can't wait to find out the sex so I want to do whatever I can to find out as soon as possible. My due date may be Aug. 22nd or Aug. 8th since AF came twice that month (my doctor isn't sure yet if it was implantation bleeding the second time). So I may even be 2 weeks further along than I'm estimating now. I found out by regular (2D) ultrasound that my son was a boy at 15/16 weeks and I hope that maybe a 3D ultrasound could tell me about this baby sooner. Any opinions on this? Anyone find out sooner with a 3D ultrasound?

baby development pregnancy calendar

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM

i do not know but i would think that a 3D would be more accurate and visible earlier.

Mandi
lovebugs_mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I had a 3D u/s at 12 weeks, and if my baby had been cooperating, they could have determined the sex. She did not cooperate, so I had to wait until 18 weeks to find out.

Kim3787
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Thanks. I called the place that does them and she suggested I come in promptly at 15 weeks (given if I did have implantation bleeding) and then I could come in as many more times free of charge if they can't tell at that visit. It's only $50 and 3 1/2 to 4 weeks away before they'll see me so that's not all that bad I guess. She said that they only do 2D to determine sex and 3D to see the facial characteristics.

baby development pregnancy calendar

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:54 PM

wow thats a great deal!

Quoting Kim3787:

Thanks. I called the place that does them and she suggested I come in promptly at 15 weeks (given if I did have implantation bleeding) and then I could come in as many more times free of charge if they can't tell at that visit. It's only $50 and 3 1/2 to 4 weeks away before they'll see me so that's not all that bad I guess. She said that they only do 2D to determine sex and 3D to see the facial characteristics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)