Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: I no longer have a father!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

My family has not been behind me since they found out I was pregnant with my second child at the age of 32. Well, today is my father's birthday and I called to wish him a happy birthday and let him know that his first grandson would be making his apperance nnext week. he said thank you for the happy birthday but I do not have any grandson.

Why do people have to decide to make my life hell? Why would a father say that to his only daughter? I just want to know why!!! I feel totally alone in my life and decisions I make!

surrender

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omigodfirstbaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I'm sorry your father would say something like that to you. what is your due date??

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

as long as you take care of your kids what is the big deal? It's not like they are having to support you and your kids. If my father said something like that to me i'd have to cut him off and be done with it, i know it would be hard but that is not nessicary.

Mandi
kaciewor
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

sorry mama!

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting another little one April 30th!stork

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I'm sorry.. Why would they have such a problem with you having a baby..?  Seems like they'd be excited...

pregnancy

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

thats odd....you would think a grandfather would be excited about having a grandson. Im sorry  :( I went through that recently with my mom. She couldnt get "happy" about her soon to be grandchild and she was finding it hard to care and all of a sudden it seems that something has changed and she does care....

I hope things get better for you, it sucks when a parent acts like that :(

Mrs.Simms
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

i know how you feel. i havent had my father in my life for over 6 years now. he was military...when i told him i joined, i didnt get a response at all. when i told him i was getting married, i still didnt get a response...and ive yet to hear anything from him about his grandson due in 4 weeks.

he changed his phone numbers, doesnt respond to my email, and returns my letters unopened.

it hurts, but some people just dont have a heart big enough. or a heart at all.

last i talked to my father and that entire side of the family was them telling me i was no longer their daughter and they never want to hear from me again.

your not alone honey. but im still very sorry your hurting like this right before your delivery!

Proud Mommy to be of Ozlo Robert Simms!

babies
virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I am so sorry no one deserves to be treated that way by their parents.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Savvychick
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

what an ass. Hopefully after the baby is born he will come around. Let him come to you not you to him.  You deserve that kind of treatment.

Youngmom2be0209
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

How can anyone say that? Let alone family. Im sorry he made such a nasty comment. Your an adult and can make your own decisions and you should be very very happy to have a new baby come into your life. CONGRATS!!!!

Youngmom2be0209
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

That is so awful!!! He should be so proud to have such a successful daughter. If anything your a role model for the family. Congradulations to you too!

Quoting Mrs.Simms:

i know how you feel. i havent had my father in my life for over 6 years now. he was military...when i told him i joined, i didnt get a response at all. when i told him i was getting married, i still didnt get a response...and ive yet to hear anything from him about his grandson due in 4 weeks.

he changed his phone numbers, doesnt respond to my email, and returns my letters unopened.

it hurts, but some people just dont have a heart big enough. or a heart at all.

last i talked to my father and that entire side of the family was them telling me i was no longer their daughter and they never want to hear from me again.

your not alone honey. but im still very sorry your hurting like this right before your delivery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)