Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help asap!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so I have had decrease fetal movement today. Usually he kicks around 7 times an hour, but today its only been about that all day. Im 34 weeks and was already tested for Pre-eclampsia last week and everything was fine. Should I go to L&D just to get him checked out and make sure everything is ok?

Samantha Michele ** Army Wife, Full time mommy to be, Brestfeeding believer, needles freak me out, husband deploying in July and Im not ok so don't ask please, Expecting our first baby boy, Cameron James, on March 4th. I hate pain, Doctors and hospitals. I suck it up for our son. Pray for our Troops.

its a boyyellow ribbon

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jiara1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM

He may just be getting to big to have as much  movement as you were used to before...but if you are concerned that something is wrong you should get checked.  I had the same thing in the end of my pregnancy with not feeling him move as much but everything was normal.

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I am 36 weeks and i do not feel my LO alot anymore either, it may be because he is running out of room? I would call your DR before i'd rush to L&D.

Mandi
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Have you done the standard

drink a glass of COLD juice. Lay down in a quiet dark room o your left side and count kicks for 1 hour or 10 kicks, whichever is first?

If you don't have your kicks, then call your OB...

...also how did they "test" for Pre-E? There is no single test for Pre-E!!!!!! Not only that, but you do realize that Pre-E can come in within an HOUR... AND that Pre-E has nothing to do with fetal movement? Did your OB leade you to believe you are free of Pre-E? because I would get a new OB.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

samiemommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM

No they did blood work and it was all fine and a 24 hour urnine sample, it was free of protein. And my blood pressure went down right away. It was wasn't my midwife that told me it was a different one because mine was busy with a c-section at the time. I have done all of that and I am a high risk already for having a miscarriage thats the only reason I am asking for advice.

Samantha Michele ** Army Wife, Full time mommy to be, Brestfeeding believer, needles freak me out, husband deploying in July and Im not ok so don't ask please, Expecting our first baby boy, Cameron James, on March 4th. I hate pain, Doctors and hospitals. I suck it up for our son. Pray for our Troops.

its a boyyellow ribbon

jswaner
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I'm not alot of help bc this is my first pregnancy and I'm 38 weeks but if you're still feeling your baby move I wouldn't be worried at all. My little boy doesn't move near as much because he's running out of room in there. But he'll move a few times throughout the day and as long as you're feeling some type of movement I wouldn't be worried. Now if you start feeling no movement in the next few days I would definately contact your doctor asap.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Your baby is just probably lacking space to move. He is bigger now and has no room in that tummy to move. If it keeps up I would tell the dr about it and they may do a non stress test on you to make sure all is ok and make sure nothing else is out of the norm or you should go to L&D.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)