Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI-------hemrhoids

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm going to apologize in advance.... this may be TMI for you but I really need some advice.

I'm 38.3 weeks pregnant. I recently found out/discovered that I have hemrhoids! My problem is I'm either constipated for a few days, or I have diarrhea for a few days. Either way, it burns sooo bad during and afterwards. Especially when I wipe. I've read that a sitz bath works (sitting in warm water) but is there anything else that may be more helpful to me. Since I'll be having my baby soon I'm so scared they're going to get worse. What can I do to help/prevent them from getting worse during labor and afterwards????

Thanks so much,
Jessica and (Soon to be) Jaxon

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mell-belle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM

BUMP

MyTickerScript.com Ticker
KareBear0609
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Get some cream and that should make them go away ... like preparation H or something.

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM

other than any medications your DR may recomend i have no cllue. I have never had hemroids but i never had a vaginal birth either. good luck.

Mandi
smushy79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Well I have had 2 vaginal births and they dont go away :) So be prepared. Buy some preparation H and use that after delivery. Try to eat food that will make you go to the bathroom so you arent pushing as hard. If they really hurt and dont go away, you could always get them removed.

stephanieevers
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM

my dr prescribed me some cream.. its a little better than Prep H. so you can do that. Also you can get tucks pads and that helps. Another thing is I use wipes if it gets bad. I am 37 weeks and in the same position.

athenagmb
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

preparation H and tucks pads work well. I have one and named it after my husband. With my daughter I had 3 and it was horrible. Also talk to your OB about colace or another stool softner. I take them now. And to add a funny note, my husband got one 3 days ago he said its because I am a pain in the butt. What ever he has gained most of the weight and now has this I think its too funny ( he wasn't here for the other two he was in Iraq)

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 26th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

jswaner
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Thanks for your posts and advice. I will have to try prep h and the tucks pads. can i get them at walmart?

kcasa10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Tucks pads!! They work wonders!

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I never had that problem but I have heard it's common during pregnancy until you deliver. I would suggest getting some cream and doing the bath that was recommended.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)