Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't find Maternity clothes

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 49 Replies

So with my first baby, I wasn't working while pregnant. So I basically just walked around the house in sweats and t-shirts the whole 9 months. This time, I have a steady job in a nice restaurant, and I for the life of my, cannot find any clothes that will fit me. I don't really need them yet, but I was looking for a nice pair of maternity pants. I am a size 1 normally. (don't ask where the baby fits, I looked pretty funny with the first one)

Does anyone know of some sites or chain stores that have a wide range of sizes that would fit smaller girls?

Wal-Mart and Target didn't have anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~ Lover to Scott ~~
~~ Mommy to Dustin~~
~~ Expecting in August~~

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trinasig
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Try Ebay. They have a good selection of maternity clothes that are cute and cheap.

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

try the motherhood maternity store, they have nice clothes there. I know every store is diffrent but the walmart and target here do not have a wide selection.

Mandi
kcasa10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM

http://www.motherhood.com

That is where I got all of my maternity clothes :)

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Mama go to motherhood...  They are not expensive and if you're petite like me you'll find what you need...  I cannot find petite maternity pants anywhere and if I find them they are medium or large and I'm barely a small (they're a little big on me but its the closest I could find and I will be able to use them for the next 6 months)...

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:32 PM

LMAO not only they dont have a wide selection but all the pants they have are way too big, as if every pregnant woman on this earth was a L or XL (nothing wrong against people on those sizes, ok!  just that I get frustrated looking for a small size and not finding it anywhere!)...  frustrated

Quoting MAMA-MANDI:

try the motherhood maternity store, they have nice clothes there. I know every store is diffrent but the walmart and target here do not have a wide selection.

jenjobrien
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:32 PM

JC Penny is where I got my work pants from.  Otherwise I know Old Navy has khakis and dress pants.  You could try Kohls.  Oh and Gordmans!

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Usually if you go in the mall they have a store like Motherhood maturnity. Some very cute clothes and for women of all sizes and as mentioned by now I am sure ebay, I am not sure if the new law goes into affect on womens clothing too that does for children's items since it's supposed to be anything the children come in contact with. Also sometimes Old Navy has some also I don't know what your budget is. http://popular.ebay.com/ns/Clothing-Shoes-Accessories-/Women%27s-Maternity-Clothing.html

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

AnaMaria624
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I am 4'11'' and usually weigh 110. I buy my maternity pants and shirts at motherhood and old navy. I buy size small maternity pants. I am 33 weeks pregnant with my second and I weigh 143. Size small is getting tight. My size small from motherhood still fits me fine. Before I was 6 months all of it was baggy on me even with a stomach. Now my legs and such have filled out. A medium in old navy swims on me. The only ones that fit me are the corduroy pants that are size small from motherhood. Size small shirts fit me fine still.

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image
                                    Baby number 2...... Jameson Cole!

MooreTrio
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I'm a 00 before pregnancy, but my chest poses problems when it comes to shirts. I do not fit clothing from motherhood or anywhere that Iv tried on maternity clothes. It's not my bump, its the rest of me. Pants will be baggy, shirts will sag in the arms and be way too long. So I just buy the next size up in regular clothes, a medium, and voilla I'm good to go. Good luck!

canadian

Skyler's going to be a big brother to Adelyn Emberly February 27th!

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Im tiny too and I got mine at burlington coat factory. They have a website check it out =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)