Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthing classes

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do they really help? this is my first so i don't know if i really wanna take them, but i signed up anyway.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

They help with telling you what you need to know about delivering and prep you. I took it for my first but never again after cause I already knew even though everyone said I should just because.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

mommy2be33009
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I don't know but I am in the same boat.  I needed to get registered like yesterday and all the classes by me are full.  I think I am going to have to take their express class.  Which is just all 4 weeks in one saturday.

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM

What are you hoping for in labor?   Do you prefer a medicalized birth (schedules/meds/cesarean), or a natural birth (intervention-free)?   A class can help any woman to know what to better expect through pregnancy & labor.   But the kind of classes vary and will give very different information.

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

babyruby02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I had my first class last night. (This is my first)... even the first class was very informative... If only out of curiosity, I would recommend taking one. I am very excited about the next six weeks!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)