Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant after 2 miscarriages??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had 2 miscarriages (one at 13 weeks and the other at 6 weeks and no children) and need a little hope.  I was just wondering if anyone else was able to get pregnant after having 2 or more miscarriages and how soon after? I am just feeling a little down and would love some reassurance.  I guess the good part is that I am able to get pregnant.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Had my son in '07

got pregnant in may '08, had a miscarriage july 08, had a normal period in august, had a positive preg test in sept '08, but lost it a few days later.

just started trying again.

I definately thinks it's possible. Have you seen a doctor, maybe the could run some tests.

jeab4cline
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM

baby dustI wish you some prego dust! Lol. I don't have an answer to your question but, I sure wish you the best of luck. At least you can have fun trying!!

KKC2004
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I had 3 miscarraiges last yr all within 3 months..  I was put on depo shot July 10th  only took one shot so my body could heal.. we are now trying for another.. I am sure    have u had a regular period yet?  good luck  You might need to see a dr  have u seen one yet about ur miscarriages?

LittleDoodleBug
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Yes, I have seen my doctor but think I may be going to see another soon to take something that if I get pregnant it helps keep the pregnancy - not sure what it is exactly.  I am pretty sure my periods are "normal" now.  Although this is my first one since my last miscarriage.  Thanks for the help.

Angi1234
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I had a healthy baby in 1/04.  I had my first m/c 10/07 and that one I had lots of complications.  I then had another one that started 10/1/08 and I bled for about a week.  We then conceived again right away (10/22/08) and I am now 15 weeks pregnant with out any complications and I'm having a delightful, normal pregnancy.  I had no testing done after the two m/c.  I would have if this one would have ended in a m/c also, but it didn't.  It is definitely possible.   Lots of success stories out there.  Don't get too down on it and stay hopeful. 

gobimom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I bled with my first pregnancy at 12 weeks but delivered a healthy baby....then two miscarriages one at 12 weeks and one at 13 weeks.  Since then I have delivered two more healthy children.  I had tests done with the M/C's nothing showed up...my doctor did tell me that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in M/C's but many times the mom didn't even know she was pregnant yet.  Good luck.

allieC1126
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Someone in my family had a baby, then had 3 miscarriages, then had another healthy baby and then had 2 more miscarriages.  Keep your head up- it will help you get through it.

Ultrasound @ 15w 5d... It's a boy!

thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM

i had a miscarriage in dec 04 then got pregnant and had my daughter in july 06 then had a miscarriage june 07  i was 6 weeks pregnant then had another miscarrige dec 07 at 12 weeks. then i got pregnant in may 08 and i'll be having a healthy baby boy in two weeks. so yes it's possible. i wish you the best. don't give up hope, i almost did.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I had 2 miscarriages 1 time before my 1st was born I was to young to have it but it was still sad and 1 time before my 3 year old was born. It took 5 mths before I got pregnant with my 3 year old.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

1moretime
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I have a 4 year old son and have had 3 miscarriages after him...Have your dr run tests on u ,they can do it all through blood work...I have a clotting disorder and they didn't run test till after my 3rd..They say that usually they don't check until u have had 3 or more...I had no problems until the last 3 weeks with my son ...they took him 2 weeks early, by c section..Ask them to run tests....I have to take a baby aspirin a day  and alot of vitamins...Good luck...After the 3rd one it took me almost 9 months to get pregnant again...Good luck !!! i'm now 7 weeks pregnant and worried to death....

Michelle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)