Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

induce?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

How long past a due date does your doctor induce?  I plan on asking at my next appointment but I'm curious what other people's doctors do.  I have read that usually they will induce if a woman goes two weeks past the due date.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SkeesMommy
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM

With DD I was induced at 41 weeks and a couple days.

Jillian
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I was induced 11 days after due date

having a baby

baby

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I really don't know my dr usually don't let you go past but I have never gone over my due date. He induced with my last pregnancy but we swore she had broken my ribs and my 3 year old he was going to the day after she was born but she said she was coming on her own.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

JessMomof2boys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM

With my first I was induced ON my due date because my son was measuring 2-3 weeks ahead at every ultrasound.  It's a good thing I was though bc he was just shy of 9lbs and I had a horrible time pushing him out....had 4th degree tears, straight thru to the back.  Luckily my 2nd came naturally at 36 weeks or they weren't going to let me go past 38 weeks bc of my tearing the first time.  I'm hoping this one comes a little early also, but not as early as the last one hopefully.

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)