Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

so when i have this baby my dd will be about 21 months, so im wondering should i sometime between now and may switch her to a big girl bed, or let her stay in the crib and just get another one for the baby? im not sure how she will do however i think she will do good. when did you guys switch your little ones to toddler beds?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM

i switched my son over once he started to try to climb out... ( which was right after he learned to walk... around 15 months )

he has a convertible crib and its a toddler bed right now, so instead of buying a new crib we are just going to get a new bed for him and put his back up as a crib :)

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean River                

virgobaby1978

I switched my daughter 3 year old (also Arianna) into a bed on her second bday but she thinks she has to climb into bed with me all the time :(

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

ms.angel221

I'd definitely switch... cribs are too expensive, plus what u gonna do with 2? ya know... my son is 2 1/2 and he is now in his Big Boy bed cause the baby will take the crib...

Angel

milkmachine247
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM

My son just turned 2 and we tried around Thanksgiving to switch him and it went horribly. From the research I did, they say it's best not to do it until they are ready, not just because you need the crib. They said if you are going to though, to do it 6-8 weeks prior to your due date or 3-4 months after the new baby comes. This is from an article I found on Parents magazine online by the way. We decided to use a cradle in the beginning and then there is always the pack n play whe she outgrows the cradle. We'll see how it goes though.

afrw2007
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Id say switch. show him what being a big boy and big brother is all about he gets new special things. My mom did that with her 2nd youngest and it worked well.

She still uses that method and they are now 9,8 and 6 years old

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

My son was in a twin size bed at 1 1/2!!

ambermilton
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

I'd switch now. My son was one when we put him in a toddler bed. And two when we put him in a regular twin size bed with a safety rail on the side. We never had any transition problems.  There's no point in having two cribs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)