Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What worked for you?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

Okay, I'm 4 days overdue, so don't bash because i'm definitely ready for some labor signs!

What kind of spicy foods worked for you ladies? Anything? I love spicy foods but I just can't think of anything off the top of my head. Any ideas?

I don't like pineapple, but I'm willing to try, unless that's a myth, too. Haha.

I go to the dr. Friday and get checked again, but as of last Tuesday (not this Tuesday), I was not dilated/effaced or anything, so I'm quite discouraged and don't think she's going to want to come out on her own -- and that really bums me out. So I'm trying to find some techniques that may actually work. I'm going walking at the gym later today for a while..Other than that..Any Ideas?

HELP! simple smile

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Spicy food doesnt work...sorry :( Try walking and sex....sperm will soften your cervix and an orgasm may start contractions :)

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM

You have to eat lots of pineapple for it to work and it has to be fresh pineapple like 7 of them :( but here is a link to help you a little in some ideas... http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Natural_Ways_to_Induce_Labor

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

theclassics1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

walk

RustedRalncoat
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Just remember due dates aren't the law. They could be off as much as 2 weeks on how far along you are. Give it a bit. I dunno about spicey foods though??? I have heard if you eat pork products or a meat that is hard for the body to digest that it will put you in labor. I ate about 10 pieces of deer meat the night I went in to labor, could have something to do with it but I dunno. I suggest trying less tramatic ways of starting labor. Before getting on Pitocin (because you dr will probably suggest induction at your next apt) try gettting your membranes stripped or something "simple" like that...

pregnancy
nanasmommy07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I've heard eggplant..works? Don't know though. Sex, nipple stimulation, umm...other than that, i'm not sure either.

racingcowgirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Ok I know nothing about this but I have watched something on tlc it was called house of babies and this girl would procress in her labor so they gave her castrol oil.   I know that sounds gross but it worked and it worked on my mom when she had me.  My message therapist said try these techines ( sorry I can't spell today ) push on the pressure points between your thumb and first finger, she said that would help to start labor.  Good luck I hope something works for you. 

good luck

brownto6
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Well, I had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby measured over 40weeks, so the due date hasn't been wrong yet..However, I'm sure it isn't 100% accurate still. I can't eat pork unfortunately. Hopefully my nice long walk tonight will help at least a little bit.

Quoting RustedRalncoat:

Just remember due dates aren't the law. They could be off as much as 2 weeks on how far along you are. Give it a bit. I dunno about spicey foods though??? I have heard if you eat pork products or a meat that is hard for the body to digest that it will put you in labor. I ate about 10 pieces of deer meat the night I went in to labor, could have something to do with it but I dunno. I suggest trying less tramatic ways of starting labor. Before getting on Pitocin (because you dr will probably suggest induction at your next apt) try gettting your membranes stripped or something "simple" like that...

brownto6
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Yes, walking is my next trick that I'm going to try tonight. I'm single, so the sex thing is out of the question, unfortunately for my sake. Haha.

Quoting sparklebug86:

Spicy food doesnt work...sorry :( Try walking and sex....sperm will soften your cervix and an orgasm may start contractions :)

fsuandi7
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM

SEX and lots of it! My ob tells you to have sex like 6 times a day thats what i plan on doing in a few weeks...hubby just better be ready lol

brownto6
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I hate to admit it, but I tried the castor oil -- but that's only because my doctor said I could try 3 tablespoons -- obviously it worked against me, however didn't get the poops (TMI) like most people say you do, thankfully! And I'll never try it again. Haha.

Quoting racingcowgirl:

Ok I know nothing about this but I have watched something on tlc it was called house of babies and this girl would procress in her labor so they gave her castrol oil.   I know that sounds gross but it worked and it worked on my mom when she had me.  My message therapist said try these techines ( sorry I can't spell today ) push on the pressure points between your thumb and first finger, she said that would help to start labor.  Good luck I hope something works for you. 

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)