Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my cat?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

For about the last week.. my normally snuggly kitty has been OBSESSIVELY cuddly. I can't sit down without him trying to sneak into my lap. Plus, he's had a couple of accidents. Vet says he's fine... so the only thing I can figure is that he's sensing change in me? I'm almost 24 weeks. 

When we had our son, he didn't even care... our OTHER cat used to run up, latch herself on my leg and bite me every time my son cried. It was like a protective thing. She'd do that until I checked on him. But while pregnant, they never acted any different. I don't know whats up with my kitty now... maybe he's feeling insecure.

Any ideas?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

not a clue....our dog also started acting strange when I got pregnant. He pees in the house, even after we take him outside. He used to be house broken but apparently thats gone out the window. Seems behavioral.... all I know is im sick of smelling pee and having to mop :(

MyTickerScript.com Ticker

other_mother
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM
You're lucky. Our cat has taken to hiding under the bed and ignoring me completely. He has changed too. I read somewhere that animals can sense when you are pregnant-- some get jealous and try to get as much attention as possible and others try to punish you. I don't know if its true or not, but the cat has changed since I got pregnant.
pregnancy week by week
ambermilton
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:29 PM

yeah.. that's pretty much what it's like... He's trying to get as much attention as possible. If i don't let him in my lap while i'm sitting down, he will either sit on the floor ON or right next to my feet. Or he'll sit on the back of the couch behind my head. And like i said... he's normally pretty cuddly, but now he's just obsessed.

Quoting other_mother:

You're lucky. Our cat has taken to hiding under the bed and ignoring me completely. He has changed too. I read somewhere that animals can sense when you are pregnant-- some get jealous and try to get as much attention as possible and others try to punish you. I don't know if its true or not, but the cat has changed since I got pregnant.

Dinosaursmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I am having issues with one of my cats right now too. I have been told a number of things from animal trainers. Beastly is in a love love love but if you dont I will be bad bad bad fase right now. Ugh! I dont know what to do either!

Quoting other_mother:

BabyMooCow12
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I had my son about 2 months ago and both the cats fear him!  But when I was pregnant, so was my mama cat, Puppy.  She followed me everywhere!!  I guess she was always just checking in on me to make sure I was okay.  She had her kittens (3) in July, and once they began to explore the house, they 2 females, as well as Puppy, followed me EVERYWHERE!!  During the day they slept in the bed with me (actually all 4 of them did... I guess it was just a comfy bed) and Puppy would always be on my stomach while the others were around my hips.  We kept one of the kittens, HoneyBun, and before my son was born, they followed me like ducklings!  Now... they keep their distance from the baby but try to get close to me,  I can't wait to see what they'll do when he starts crawling after them!!

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I didn't have the cats my 1st pregnancy but with my last one and this current one, they both became extra lovie with me. One of them tries to sleep across my belly at night when I am pregnant.

Kaylie Breanne – 8/10/01          Hannah Elizabeth – 11/8/07   

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)