Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby at 36 weeks.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm just wondering if anyone had a baby at 36 weeks. My Dr. thinks I could go anyday now. I'm 36 weeks today and 3 cm and 80% effaced. I'm just wondering how your babies did if you had them that early.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Well I had my son at 37 weeks and ya he was small but that was expected and even though he was small he was healthy as a horse!!He had no problems not even jaundice.Some babies though don't do as well so you never know till they come.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I have and she was fine. You have to remember that they can be wrong on your due date and that your little one will come when ready no matter what. I have a good chance of mine coming 2 weeks before what they say but I know exactly when I ovulated and so on.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

milkmachine247
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM

They had me on bedrest and she told me on Mon. that by the end of the week I could resume my daily life, but I still think 36 weeks is early. She said they wouldn't stop labor at this point.

BabyOnTheWay312
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Quoting virgobaby1978:

I have and she was fine. You have to remember that they can be wrong on your due date and that your little one will come when ready no matter what. I have a good chance of mine coming 2 weeks before what they say but I know exactly when I ovulated and so on.

This is true, it can be off by 2 weeks either way or there about. good luck w/ your baby =)

aecooper
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I was on bedrest for the majority of my pregnancy due to fear of preterm labor.  At 36 weeks they decided to induce me because my DD wasn't gaining any weight.  She was small when she was born ans still is, but was perfectly healthy and is doing great.

Quoting milkmachine247:

They had me on bedrest and she told me on Mon. that by the end of the week I could resume my daily life, but I still think 36 weeks is early. She said they wouldn't stop labor at this point.

JessMomof2boys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:55 PM

My 2nd son was born the day I turned 36 weeks. He was perfectly healthy breathing on his own and everything.  He was 6lbs 3ozs and 19 inches....I tend to have big babies so its probably good he came a little early.

pregnancy week by week

shellbell75
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I had my son at 36 weeks and he was just perfect. No complications. He was a big boy 7lb 9oz due to gestational diabetes.

ameee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I had my DD at 36 weeks. She was 6lbs 11oz and perfectly healthy.

FUNNY MATERNITY, PREGNANCY AND KIDS T-SHIRTS AND GIFTS

WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/HOTMOMMATEES

melroseb1230
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I had my baby at 36 wks. He was born on Christmas day :) perfectly healthy 6lbs 15oz and 20inches. The only problem we had was that he wasn't eating very much at first and we had to stay an extra day until he ate at least an oz each feeding but now he eats constantly hehe. Good luck.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM

That is a beautiful picture and a very nice Christmas present.

Quoting melroseb1230:

I had my baby at 36 wks. He was born on Christmas day :) perfectly healthy 6lbs 15oz and 20inches. The only problem we had was that he wasn't eating very much at first and we had to stay an extra day until he ate at least an oz each feeding but now he eats constantly hehe. Good luck.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)