Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i could use some advice

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
I know this doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy but my baby is a little over 2 weeks old and he has thrown up about 4 times today and its not just a little bit its a lot. Its usually a little after he eats and I was wondering if anybody elses babies did this or have ANY advice? Thank you lots :]
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chel1195
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Is it only today or does he constantly throw up after eating?  Make sure he is burped- if he has an air bubble the milk won't stay down long.

If this is a recurrent thing that is causing him to lose weight talk to his pedi.  A good friend of mine had a baby back in November and he was diagnosed with... I can not remember what she called it but, it's basically where his gag reflex kicks in everytime he attempts to swallow- so he pukes everything always!  I have never heard of it but, her pedi told her it was common esp in boys.

Brendon David born 11/09/05

Hoping for a girl! Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

cpittaz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Could just be Reflux,  Could be an allergy to the formula.  If it continue's I would call the dr.  Good Luck

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Are you formula or breastfeeding? I ask b/c both of my girls started off on the regular similac formula and both of them would throw it up...both switched the the soy and problem solved. But I would mention it to the doctor and she what they think. My 1st had refulx really bad but like I said the formula fixed it that's why I automatically switched with my 2nd real quick. Your doctor would be able to give you some suggestions.

Kaylie Breanne – 8/10/01          Hannah Elizabeth – 11/8/07   

Pregnancy ticker

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM

IT COULD BE THE MILK HE IS DRINK OR HE IS DRINKING TO FAST AND NOT DIGESTING...MAKE SURE HE IS BEING HELD WHILE FEEDING AND HE IS BURPING WELL ALSO IF THAT DOESNT WORK CALL THE PEDIATRICIAN

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM

is he in pain or crying or uncomfortable?

is he FF or BF

Is he burped?

Does he have a fever?

We need more info to help you...

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM

It might be a burping issue.   Are you breastfeeding?

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works--"

Ask this of our maternity care system, as well.

"I am a lefty, get used to it"

Jess_Carrillo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM
He doesn't have a fever I bottle feed him and he doesn't seem that uncomfortable just like normal but I called his doctor and they told me to switch his formula to the first one we were using thank you for your advice! If you have any more advice it would still be helpful though I hate my baby not feeling good :[
Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Some babies just spit up A LOT as long as they are able to keep healthy growth and are not in pain they will be fine. (according to my son's GI dr)  Watch for pain, swelling, trying to esacpe feedings, crying, ect.

Try sitting him up in his boucy while eating and never laying flat for at least a half hour after.

It could also be an under developed trech. So he can't hold things down when  he is flat or tilted and has to be up right. My son has that as well. By two it will fix itself and there is  nothing that can be done in the mean time.

Also, my son actully has reflux so it may be different. But I tried every formula dn every bottle out there. When someone tiped me off to Dr. Browns my son's throw up stoped about 30%! Which was a huge accompishment for us lol. We  still use them and the new baby will  start out on them. I swear by them.

Quoting Jess_Carrillo:

He doesn't have a fever I bottle feed him and he doesn't seem that uncomfortable just like normal but I called his doctor and they told me to switch his formula to the first one we were using thank you for your advice! If you have any more advice it would still be helpful though I hate my baby not feeling good :[

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)