Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you have your other kid(s)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

In the delivery room with you?

I had all of mine with me because they wanted to be there with my last one. I warned them that they had to stay up by my head and out of the dr's way. They might be there with this one also.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy513
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I at first wanted my DD to be in the room with us. But she is 4 years old and I think if she sees me hurting and crying or whatever will be going on I don't want her to be scared. Plus I don't want DH to have to keep up with her and not take care of me. So I have decided that she will be with the grandparents during. Plus I don't have a friend that I wouldn't mind being in the room with me.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

pregnancy
mommyofmaknchz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM

NO WAY! I have a 3 yr old and my son will be 2 when this baby is born. My daughter was in the car while I was in labor with my son and almost there when he was born since we barely made it into the ambulance before he was born. I will be induced with this one and my kids will see the new baby soon after the birth but no way will they be in the room. Just me and my hubby.

MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Probably not, my daughter is 3 years old, I feel she's a little young for that. BUT we don't live anywhere near family or close friends to have someone watch her so she just might end up being in the room if it's an emergency!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:11 PM

No, my son is too young...  I dont want him to see me going through that excruciating pain...  He will either stay with my mom or his godmother...

Gizzy22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM
No my daughter is too young.. Only gonna be 2 when the baby is born.. She freaks out on people when she thinks they are hurting me. I will allow her in to see me.. But not when i deliver.. She cried through my entire ultrasound cause she thought they were hurting me lol.. Shes a mommas girl big time.

Photobucket
mikids_miworld
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM

My oldest son was there when his first brother was born he enjoyed it.Now both of them will be in the room when they new brother come.Its all my baby talk about(oldest son)he still remember when trey was born.

MooreTrio
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM

My son turns 3 in 2 weeks and I plan to have him there. We all choose to do things differently though. :)

canadian

Skyler's going to be a big brother to Adelyn Emberly February 27th!

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I am having a c-section... so obviously, my 7 year old cannot be in there with me. Even if I weren't having a section I would not have her in there Lol, I do not see birth as a "family experience"... I am much too modest

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:22 PM

My son will be much to young but if he wasn't no I wouldn't have him. I'm one of those people who thinks its personal, at times, I was glad my husband kept leaving so I could be alone....

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I agree that's why I thought I would ask. My 3 year old has a really close bond to her little sister, but from the very begining we were telling her baby in the belly and she would come and kiss it and at u/s we would tell her that's your sister.

Quoting MooreTrio:

My son turns 3 in 2 weeks and I plan to have him there. We all choose to do things differently though. :)

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)