Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babyshower vent (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

i hate to even write this because i don't want to come off as selfish or pushy, but... a  friend and my future MIL are going to give me a baby shower. THey are planning it all and tonight started talking to me about it. They want to do it like March 22 or something like that. Well to me, thats too close to my due date, i know its a month ahead but i would have liked it sometime in Feb. or even the first week of march. The week of March 22 i have finals for school and I also have an externship to do before I can graduate, well they are trying to get me in the position to start my externship that week so i can hopefully finish it before I deliver the baby. If she comes early then my externship will be all thrown off. So i was wanting to have all her clothes washed and room set up before then. and now, if i don't have all my stuff until then, it's going to be hard for me to do the externship at like 36 weeks pregnant and on, and get all the stuff ready for her when she's born. I tried to tell my friend that on the phone today but it was like she wasn't listening. My fiance tried to tell his mom all that but she said, thats why we picked a weekend so she wont be in school or anything. =[

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Simms
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:07 PM

i would flat out tell them NO. if they are not understanding your reasoning, thats their problem! its YOUR babyshower! they need to understand that they need to work around YOUR schedule! you have a lot going on and the pregnancy is making it that much more complicated! lay it out for them and if they still dont freakin get it...tell them you wont be there because you have things you need to do! like REST. im 36 weeks on friday and let me tell you...my baby shower last weekend was exhausting! i had to throw it for myself at the LAST MINUTE because my friend throwing it bailed on me and i didnt have ANYTHING for a babyshower! there were no games and hardly any food! and that still wore me out!

just let them know whos boss hunny! this is the one time you have a ligit excuse to be a b*tch!

Proud Mommy to be of Ozlo Robert Simms!

babies
raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:08 PM

you need to talk to mil and friend about your concerns.  ask them if they can possibly move it up 1 or 2 weeks.  just so you're not so stressed out because you already know you will be that week.  plus if you have finals that week, they should understand that you need to study and having the shower the weekend before then just doesn't work.  i mean this party is for you and your baby, not for them.  they should accomodate to when you want it done.

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I know this isnt your post but...that sucks! Im sorry your friend did that....not cool at all!

Quoting Mrs.Simms:

i would flat out tell them NO. if they are not understanding your reasoning, thats their problem! its YOUR babyshower! they need to understand that they need to work around YOUR schedule! you have a lot going on and the pregnancy is making it that much more complicated! lay it out for them and if they still dont freakin get it...tell them you wont be there because you have things you need to do! like REST. im 36 weeks on friday and let me tell you...my baby shower last weekend was exhausting! i had to throw it for myself at the LAST MINUTE because my friend throwing it bailed on me and i didnt have ANYTHING for a babyshower! there were no games and hardly any food! and that still wore me out!

just let them know whos boss hunny! this is the one time you have a ligit excuse to be a b*tch!

melloxyellow
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM

yeah i thought about asking them to move it up at least one week, to the weekend before. my friend wants to do it that week because its the week of her spring break, and shes in nursing school and has a lot going on too. my MIL is honestly just pretty much paying for everything and letting 2 of my friends throw it for me and plan it and stuff. so i mean if i can even buy a week more it'll help. i'm so worried about not being able to finish my clinicals before the baby gets here. i know it'll be tough i just need to stick it out, after baby kaylee gets here it'll be rest time with no school or work or anything for a while lol, thank God.

Quoting raerae1011:

you need to talk to mil and friend about your concerns.  ask them if they can possibly move it up 1 or 2 weeks.  just so you're not so stressed out because you already know you will be that week.  plus if you have finals that week, they should understand that you need to study and having the shower the weekend before then just doesn't work.  i mean this party is for you and your baby, not for them.  they should accomodate to when you want it done.

melloxyellow
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM

yeah thats pretty bad, im sorry about that!

Quoting sparklebug86:

I know this isnt your post but...that sucks! Im sorry your friend did that....not cool at all!

Quoting Mrs.Simms:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)