Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

I gave birth on December 30 via emergency C-section, now I want to get pregnant again.  I brought up the subject of me getting pregnant soon to my fiance but I think he thought that I was joking because he didnt answer.  I know that if I let my friends and family know that I am wanting to become pregnant again this soon after what I went through they will tell me I am insane, and I might be.  I was wondering if anyone can give me and pros and cons to becoming pregnant this soon after a C-section and any advice on how to let my fiance know that I am serious about getting pregnant again.

feeding babyFiance of Timothy and mother of Dante, 3 weeks 2 days old

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM

A con is you have just been through a serious surgery and I am sure you'll hear this alot lol but your body needs to recoup. Sometimes I regret not spacing my older kids out because I have alot of problems with my hips now.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

A con is that you did have surgery not too long ago and to be onest I'm 4 months pregnant now and I got pregnant when my son was 6 months old and it hurts sometimes.You get really weird pains.My recovery though after the c-section was great but now sometimes it hurts.The con is that having the kids close in age might make them almost best friends.I plan to wait a few years after this one.

amyershoney
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

i dont know if this well help but i had my baby oct 7 08  i wanted a nother baby and here i am aboy 4 weeks an 2 dys pregnant  now i am wishing i waited  tell  the father of my kids will have more time for them  now it just me and i am 22 years old and scared to death how this will work out so pls hun think hard i dont regreat geting pregnant aging i just wish i had more help then my slef.

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Did you mean pro cause honestly I would rather them be best friends like mine are than down each others throats lol. Especially with 7 of them to worry about.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

A con is that you did have surgery not too long ago and to be onest I'm 4 months pregnant now and I got pregnant when my son was 6 months old and it hurts sometimes.You get really weird pains.My recovery though after the c-section was great but now sometimes it hurts.The con is that having the kids close in age might make them almost best friends.I plan to wait a few years after this one.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

doulala
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:43 PM

There are tons of pros & cons to various spacing, but in regards to being healed from the previous pregnancy, it's usually recommended to wait a while-- and after a cesarean even longer.   So for optimal health, waiting a while (perhaps 18 months apart) would be better.  

Lots of moms do it sooner, some much farther.   I am around families with every variation here all the time, there are so many wonderful qualities either way (and same goes for the challenges...).

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works--"

Ask this of our maternity care system, as well.

"I am a lefty, get used to it"

3lilqts
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM

My daughter was 8 months old when I took the test that told me about my son.  I had c-sections with both and had no problems either way.  Well my first was an emergency c-section because of a placenta problem..it had stopped working, but my sons pregnancy was easy as all heck!!  Good luck to which ever you decide!!  I actually liked having them so close.

nily
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM

SAME HERE! I know how you feel I had the desire to have another baby since I give birth 3 months ago my hubby and I start to TTC 2 weeks after my emergency c-section I wasn't bleeding anymore and we decide to try for a little girl now. Believe it or not my doc give me the OK a month ago but we were already trying. I don't know what is it but my desire to have another baby dont go away is growing stronger and stronger each day I cant wait to be preggo again. I love my baby boy and it have been a wonderful experience despite all odds. I want to have more children. DONT GIVE UP! good luck.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)