Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of birthing method are you planning to use? / What type of birth are you planning? Classes?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I am just curious at to what type of birth you are planning or what type of birthing method you are planning to use? Type of birthing class? etc.

With my first daughter I took a class at the hospital that was based on Lamaze but definitely NOT a Lamaze class and certainly a waist of my time and money.

This time I am going to be taking the HypnoBabies home course (the closest class is 45 minutes away and it won't work with my DH's work schedule) and using a Doula who is experienced with HypnoBabies.

I'm planning a completely natural birth.

What type are you planning or what method do you plan to use? (Bradley, Lamaze, HypnoBabies, HypnoBirthing, etc.)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Well I plan on having a VBAC and with my son breathing and listening to music helped with contractions well to at least distract me.I will be doing the same.If I could have moved from my bed then I would use walking as well.I'm hoping to be able to leave my bed and not be confinded to it.

bezark
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I'm planning a natural water birth at a birth center. We're taking a Hypnobirthing class.

ladyjones76
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM

i can never say iam always induced...lol but i would love to do the water birth

My2angels251
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I am plannig on a  non medicated  water birth

pregnancy
mom23boys679
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM
I still haven't decided if I'm having a VBAC or not (doc gave me choice). If I do, it'll be medication free. No IV meds, no epidural unless I have a c-section.
787BabyMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM

I am having a repeat csection.  We are not taking a class this time but we took the standard hospital class with our first.  It was kind of a waste since it covered labor, etc and I had a CS the first time.  The two benefits we got out of it were the tour of the hospital and watching the shaken baby video (which you have to watch to leave the hospital per their policy).

pamela_in_fl
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I'm hoping to go natural with the use of acupressure for pain management.

usmc1171
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM

We are in the middle of doing HYPNOBIRTHING... and we are planning a water birht at home.... good luck with your and if you have any hypno Qs feel free to ask and there is even a hypno group on here!

lajoy
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I am giving birth in a hospital with a midwife. My insurance will not pay for homebirth and there are no birth centers here. My DH and mom will be there, so I don't feel the need for a doula. This is my 3rd baby so I am pretty comfortable. I am planning a drug free, as natural and intervention free birth as possible. My hospital is pretty accomodating and friendly to natural birthing moms. They encourage it. Also, the nurses know my midwife well and love her.

I will be using my own instincts to manage pain and guide me through the birth. I tried classes with my first two and didn't get much from it. I like to be up and moving around during labor and the hospital has birthing balls, tubs for labor (but not birth) and shower.

staciep2
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I never took classes with my first and im not with this one either so I dont know what that stuff means but im planing another natural birth. At my sons the room was very quiet no one spoke and I just laid there holding my hubbies hand with my eyes closed and just tried not to think about the pain. I guess im doing the same thing this time.I guess I will do some research the things you have listed and see what they are all about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)