Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does it mean..home from L&d

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had sex the other night and have been havin contractions ever since then. The pressure has been so bad I have been having leg spasms. So we decided to go in for some piece of mind. My Dr. is kinda nonchalant and so even with my appointment tomorrow I knew I woldnt find out much.. We got in and my contractions were steady 2 minutes apart. Guess who was on call but my Dr lol. N e ways I was 3 centimeters..I know what that means. But then they said 80 percent.. What does that 80 mean? Im home now and it is time for the waiting game. Which is fine.. I am only 37 weeks still so no biggy but I just was wondering what that means. They said to come back when my water breaks..

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrsBentine
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Not sure I have been wondeing this myself here is a bump!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/photographerseek

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

your cervix is 80% of the way thinned out. once its 100% you will be ready to have baby!

Swt_Mama

I THINK IT MEANS HOW THIN YOUR CERVIX IS 100% IS TOTALLY THINED OUT

GOOD LUCK 

charmed_423

its how thinned out your cervix is...your cervix has to thin in order for the baby to come out and of course it has to dialate but 80 percent is of course pretty high up there but i wouldnt freak my friend was 34 weeks 4 cent dialated 80 percent efaced and now she is 38 weeks and still the exact same going in for an induction next friday...but it means thats how thinned your cervix is

roodae_momma

it means that u r 80% efaced... so u r pretty close...

pregnancy week by week

baby

baby
miss_nevin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

if i read your post right.. 80% means that the bag is getting closer to breaking.. once it get to 100% or ) i forget which way it is your water will break.. haha its like sanding dont once you sand 80 the wood might break.. once you sand all the way.. well in this case here comes the baby..

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Effacement is the process by which the cervix prepares for delivery. After the baby has engaged in the pelvis, it gradually drops closer to the cervix; the cervix gradually softens, shortens and becomes thinner. You may hear phrases like "ripens," or "cervical thinning" which refer to effacement. Go here to read more about it http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/effacement.html

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)