Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I see stars

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

Every now and then I will see stars in my eyes.. I never knew you could actually see stars,.. like when your watching cartoons and then stars are spinning around their head. however I just see mine and they look like shooting stars.. is this a bad thing? I am going to ask my OBGYN on Monday. They are like little dots of light spinning and flashing and moving.. weird.. its happened only like 3 times.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelicangel09
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

U shouldnt be seeing stars. u need to ask your ob. It might be nothing but from i was told u shouldnt see them

Mommy of 2 wonderful children~ Olivia paige 5 months old...Jarrett 6 years old

jrstaffordjr
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Either it's your eye sight changing. Or it's your high blood pressure.. Get it checked out FAST, if it is your blood pressure, it's a sign of preaclampcia sp. Trust me!

787BabyMom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:53 PM

The lights you see are commonly refered to as floaters.  You should ask your OB about it because it can be normal, but it can also be a sign of a problem.  I saw them with my first when I had high BP and was developing pre-e.  I see them occassionally now with my second and this pregnancy is perfect.  I see them a lot less this time around though.  Talk with your OB before you get too nervous though.  It could be nothing.

MommyIvy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I have those also. My doc says its b/c my blood pressure is a lil on the low side. It could also mean that your blood pressure is too high. Make sure you discuss this with your OB.

I love my son Pictures, Images and PhotosEXPECTING A GIRL Pictures, Images and Photosproud c section mommy Pictures, Images and PhotosFormula feeding mom Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in March Pictures, Images and PhotosHappily Married rings Pictures, Images and Photos

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Did you do it before you were pregnant? I see stars and it's from a type of migraine.  Or do you have bad eyesight?

pregnancy

virgobaby1978
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Are you dizzy or anything I was getting that with my last baby they told me to lay on my left side and drink lots of water and if I started getting nausous to eat some crackers.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

i see them all the time, they are sometimes gold or red and i call them fire flys, they shot in all different directions, i was tested for pre e came out negative, my urine is always clean and my blood pressure is never high. i have really bad migraines when i'm pregnant though. i would mention it just to get checked out but mine are nothing. my husband sees them all the time and hes never had any help problems.  oh and i have gestional diabetes, i didn't have the spots with my 1st or gestional diabetes.

Aislinn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM

This has happened to me since I was a child. It is low blood sugar  or low blood pressure and when it happens, you have to get something to eat, Mama. Piece of fruit, some juice, anything sweet will help immediately until you can get some actual food. It is NOTHING to worry about, I promise. Do talk to your OB, though, just to be sure!

lovingmynewlife
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I get them too. Mine come around when I go too long without eating or drinking. My dr says it's fine, since I don't have too high or too low blood pressure, and I'm clear of all the other causes too. It's just my body's way of telling me to eat or drink something.

lovingmynewlife
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Lol. I get blue ones, gold ones, red ones, green ones, every color really ... I always call them sparklies. Lol.

Quoting thangelbabybug:

i see them all the time, they are sometimes gold or red and i call them fire flys, they shot in all different directions, i was tested for pre e came out negative, my urine is always clean and my blood pressure is never high. i have really bad migraines when i'm pregnant though. i would mention it just to get checked out but mine are nothing. my husband sees them all the time and hes never had any help problems.  oh and i have gestional diabetes, i didn't have the spots with my 1st or gestional diabetes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)