Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waterbirthing

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone have any experience with this?  I'm looking at all my options for the quickest, easiest, least stress etc. labor (cuz i'm scared to death!).

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LisaRoyNKaden
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM

im interested in hearing stories too... Ive been looking into waterbirthing and it sounds like the least stressful and most relaxing way to give birth!

pregnant belly Were Expecting Baby Number 2!!!  in love

adians_mama
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM

i did try it, and was in the tub for a while, they poured water over me and all that good stuff, but the pain was so bad it elevated my blood pressure so they had to move me back to the bed. So personally, it didnt do anything for me.

expecting girlin lovetoddler boy

LeoneLover13
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:10 AM
I absolutely LOVED mine and I will do it again one day. I fell asleep during my contractions. The tenser you are during labor the longer and more painful it is likely to be, so my suggestion for you is research, research and study some more so you know exactly what can happen and then you can make informed choices. Waterbirth was perfect for me, it may not be for you during your labor, so be open to all kinds of laboring. But honestly I would stay away from interventions such as drugs because they are much more likely to end in a c/s. Are there any birth centers in your area? I really think yoiu would like them. PM me anytime with questions and good luck!!
MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:52 AM

My water birth was amazing, if you would like you can read about it on my journal.

XmotherXwifeXnurseXstudentmidwifeXstraightedgeXbreastfeedingX
XhomebirthingXnonvaccinatingXliberalXprochoiceXgreenXtravelingX
XfuturehomeschoolingXathiestXarmywifeXlevelheadedXfeministX
texlonestar22
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I haven't had one, but I plan on doing it with my baby.  I have read how much less stress it is on the mother and baby.  Laying in the bed puts extra pressure on your spine.

Waterbirth also helps reduce tearing and hemoraging.  I have a friend who has had one hospital bed birth and 3 waterbirths.  She loved the waterbirths, her big comment was on the less pressure on her spine and being more relazing.

MOONSBABY
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I really wanted to do this, but my ob told me that no one in my area does it?!?! milw, wi

ScorpionMomof2
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I didnt have one but I'd like to....you should look into the show that they have...I think its called homebirthing or freebirthing....On Discovery channel...Tuesdays I think at 8 of 9 something like that right before the show Deliver me...I've seen a lot of live water births on that show...very interesting GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)