Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is my body finally starting to get ready for labor?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  • 10 Replies

i am due jan 28th.

i had an ob appt last thursday (jan 22nd) and there was nothing going on. i had been having no contractions, bh or otherwise, no pains at all, no bloody show, nothing, so the dr didn't even check me (he asked if i wanted him to, but i said that there was no point.) the baby wasn't even completely dropped.

anyway, it's sat now (25th) and i think that there's something going on. not labor, really, but something. i have noticed that my tummy is hardening, for one thing. i'm not having any pains or even discomfort with it, but i am noticing it. i've also noticed some menstrual-like cramps. they aren't coming with the tummy hardening, and they aren't painful either, but again, i have been noticing. neither of these are happening regularly, so i know that it isnt' labor, but it's gotta be something, right? oh, and my back does seem to be hurting more, but nothing major at all.

no increased discharge, no bloody or brownish or anything other than absolutely clear when i go to the bathroom. no diahrrea or even frequent bms.

so this has been going on since last night. up until then i have felt absolutely nothing. come on ladies, give me some good news! is this pre-labor? could i be (finally) getting close?

pregnancy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klaniro
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:33 AM

no one has any input?

pregnancy
ambermilton
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:40 AM

YUP, sounds to me like your body is gearing up. Especially since you are right at the end and haven't felt anything before this. YAY.. make sure you keep us posted as you progress. I have a good feeling though! Good Luck mama!!!!

kellerz06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM

yeah, it definetly does sound like pre-labor! still could be awhile tho, try not to get your hopes up to high, just in case!

pregnancy calendar

ambermilton
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM

bump - Feeling anything new yet? lol

Evansmom24
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

It has gotta be doing something, especially since you haven't been feeling anything till now. I think that sounds like it could start in a couple of days. I never knew because I was feeling stuff all the time with my son. This time though I think I will know. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you go any time.

tbahn911
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's been happening to me for the past 3 weeks.  I'm almost 38 weeks and the doctor just says that it's all normal activity.  It's your body preparing for labor.  They are braxton hicks contractions.  They will eventually help your cervix to dilate.  I keep thinking that it's the start of labor for me, but the doctor says it isn't.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Evansmom24
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Yeah but she is due in a few days. I think that it probably is braxton hicks but I think it is going to happen fast for her. I was like you I had that crap from 32 weeks I went in I don't know how many times thinking I was in labor LOL. Then I had him the day after my due date.

Quoting tbahn911:

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's been happening to me for the past 3 weeks.  I'm almost 38 weeks and the doctor just says that it's all normal activity.  It's your body preparing for labor.  They are braxton hicks contractions.  They will eventually help your cervix to dilate.  I keep thinking that it's the start of labor for me, but the doctor says it isn't.

klaniro
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM

thanks ladies! i am still getting the tummy hardening (so those are bh contractions?) and starting to get pressure with them. i'm hoping that i'll go ahead and go into labor on my own, but just in case i am going to change my appt from thursday to tuesday (just to see if anything is going on).

and no bubble bursting here! i am hoping to go into labor naturally, but if i haven't by friday, my dr is going to induce me! so either way, by friday (sat if i'm unlucky, lol) i'll have my brand new baby boy!!

thanks again ladies!! i'll keep you updated!!

pregnancy
Alma_C
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I didn't have any type of BH or baby's dropped with any of mine except this last one.  either they wer'ent that strong that I needed to notice them or was just to busy.  None of my baby's dropped.  I had the tightening, which is part of BH, they will stop if you sit down.  It is prela bor if they still cont when you sit down. I usally have had my water break and start losing my mucous plug.  This last time I lost my mucous plug and with in 24 hours went into labor and had my daughter.  You're getting close.

KristaA
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I had those pains last night and today as a matter of fact.  They feel like bad menstral cramps, but my stomach didn't get hard with them.  Called dr and she said they're contractions just to go in if they get to be five minutes apart.  Good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)