• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone already had a repeat c-section??? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

If so, do they put a catheter in you? They put a catheter in me when i was in labor with my dd after i got my epidural, but i was wondering if they did that for a repeat c-section.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauanlady
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:16 AM

yes iv had 3 c-sections all had a catheter put in everytime. but my third time i only had it in for a day cause i tried my best to walk to the bathroom the first day.

love and prayers
ozzyswifey
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:17 AM

yea they did i hate that part ughhh

Haley25
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM

I was afraid of that LOL. I was numb when they put it in with my dd but i wasn't when they took it out. It hurt when they pulled it out so i can only imagine how it feels goin in if they do it before they get you numb LOL.

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:10 AM
Yep. Mine took place when they were monitoring me in L&D before I went down to the OR to get my spinal. They pretty much do it so you don't piss all over yourself on the OR table when the spinal sets in, lol.
MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Anytime a woman is going in for a c-section, whether it is repeat or emergency, you are going to get a catheter, at least for a short while till whatever medications they have given you to numb the lower half of your body ware off.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

Steph_reynolds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Quoting Haley25:

I was afraid of that LOL. I was numb when they put it in with my dd but i wasn't when they took it out. It hurt when they pulled it out so i can only imagine how it feels goin in if they do it before they get you numb LOL.

I had a planned C section for my first, and they put the catheter in after I got my epi.

moniyeager
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I have had a urinary catheter with each C-Section!!  Yuck!!  The first one they did before the spinal and it was the least pleasant experience ever!!  The second I asked them to please do it after the spinal and they did!!  Much Better!!!!

hula hooptoddler girlbaby boy

Ryan             Emmalee            Eli

Steph_reynolds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Quoting moniyeager:

I have had a urinary catheter with each C-Section!!  Yuck!!  The first one they did before the spinal and it was the least pleasant experience ever!!  The second I asked them to please do it after the spinal and they did!!  Much Better!!!!

I LOVE em!!  LOL.  dont have to pee at all!!!  I wanted to keep mine!  haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)