Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No movement

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and baby has been quite active for sometime, like a little soccer player in there or something, well as of last 2 days she's barely moved and hasn't moved at all during the night or this morning. I am well aware that as they get bigger there is less room for movement, but I should still be feeling something. My doc told me 10 kicks in 3 hours, well I don't even think i am getting that. Yesterday while i was out shopping, this stupid guy "accidently" ran his shopping cart into my stomach (yeah like he couldn't see i had a huge protruding stomach) anyways since then not alot of movement. do you think that there could be something wrong?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NANA21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Probably not, but for sanity, go to er for a sonogram.

Allison7777
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM

All is probable OK, but I would to to L and D and have an u/s just to be sure

Good luck

Just remember

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away               (I don't remember who wrote that)

fsuandi7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I should probably be feeling something though right?

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Drinh a large glass of ice water then lie on your left side and see how many kicks you get in an hour. less than 10 go to L & D.

NANA21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I would think so, I REALLY would want to go get checked out. 

fsuandi7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I am drinking juice right now to see if anything happens, if not i will be going up to l & d in about an hour thanks ladies for your help

MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Do you have an orange juice on hand? If you do, have some really cold OJ with some ice cubes in it, they say that that will get the baby moving, it always works for me when i get concerned.

If you're worried though if something may have happened, I would go in.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kellerz06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM

i agree, try drinking some oj, or if you dont have that, maybe a caff. beverage of some kind... but id prolly go to l&d, better to be safe than sorry!

pregnancy calendar

rdnewman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I had the same scare a few days ago, but no one had ran into me or anything, she was just not active at all that day...so I drank 2 glasses of OJ and laid down on my side...she moved a little, so I knew she was fine. Since then...she has been very active.. I would try drinking and eating something...if nothing in about an hour or 2, go to the hospital just to ease your mind!

Let us know!!

Rachel D. Newman
katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM

If you really are concerned, go to the docs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)