Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how far is to far?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

how far is to far to live away from your doctor?

im due in april with my 3rd...and with the other 2 i had preterm labor got put on bedrest but made it 2 weeks past due date with first and few days past with second..

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fkh8ah
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM

anyone live an hr from their doctor?

jupiter84
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I lived about an hour away from the birth center I went to with my first.  I'm having a homebirth this time and my midwife is about an hour and a half away.  If you have a history of fast labors then you may want to consider the amount of time but I'd think normally an hour or so is fine. 

fkh8ah
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM

im just nervousi wont make it on time..

bezark
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I go to a birth center now, but for the first 25 weeks I went to a different midwife. Until 20 weeks, the drive was only 20 minutes, then we moved and the drive was almost an hour. An hour would have been just too much when it got to the end and I had to go there twice a month, then every week.

The birth center is only 30 minutes, and I'm much happier with that.

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM

i live about 20-30 min from my dr and about 30-40 min. from the hospital that i deliver at...i am pregnant with lucky #7 and with how fast my last 3 came i hope that i am scheduled for an induction with this one or that i get scheduled for one and go in and i start to go into labor then on my own ..lol..cause there is no way i would make it to the hospital if i waited to go into labor on my own..like i said my last 3 came super fast...with my last one my dr got there exactly 5 minutes after my son was born.

MommyIvy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

My doc is an hr and 20 mins away.

I love my son Pictures, Images and PhotosEXPECTING A GIRL Pictures, Images and Photosproud c section mommy Pictures, Images and PhotosFormula feeding mom Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in March Pictures, Images and PhotosHappily Married rings Pictures, Images and Photos

fkh8ah
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM

did you live that far away with your last 1? if so..when did you start heading that way?

Quoting MommyIvy:

My doc is an hr and 20 mins away.

mommyny6
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

no more than 35 min i would say....

HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

i live about 15-20 minutes from my doctor and she is right across the street from the hospital

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean (undecided middle) 

zgirls009
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I plan on using a hospital or birthing center atleast an hour away.  While I'm still in the first trimester, the SO is going to take 2 weeks off surrounding the EDD and we'll probably go down and stay in the city if it looks like the baby will be coming on time.  Then we just have to fight traffic to get there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)