Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna be a 09 Mommy!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,

Im sorta haveing a bit of a problem i was wondering if anyone could help me ... i have a 4 month old daughter ...me and my husband want another one really bad, we want our kids close together only problem is is that its only been 4 months ago that i just had my daughter,  we want 3 more ...it took 2 1/2 yrs for us to get preg. until i went to the dr. and go on clomid, but i been trying to lose this little bit of baby weight but im constantly doing other things then worring about myself, also our place we live in now is small an we plan to move with income tax time  .... im scared on 3 different things ...1. is it to early to try again?   and 2. is it gonna hurt my body badly if i did get preg. again this early? and 3. opinon: do u think ill prolly have to go back on clomid again?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I've always heard that you should wait atleast 12 months before having a baby again because that's how long it actually takes a womans body to fully recover from pregnancy and delivery.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

It really depends on you and what you want.  I know of a lot of people who had their babies close like 14 months apart and that sort of stuff.  It isn't easy, but they say it is worth it.  My son will be 23 months old when this lil guy is born.  We got pregnant with this guy a little sooner than we wanted to, but it is all working out.  We wanted to wait until Sept 2008 to get pregnant and instead I found out I was pregnant in August and was a chicken to tell my hubby until I was almost 12 weeks.  Anyway, plenty of women have them close.  I have heard from a lot of women who were on Clomid that they got pregnant without it the second time around.  You will never really know until you try though.  Sometimes getting pregnant can make your body get back to normal and you can start ovulating on your own and not need meds after the first pregnancy.  Again it just depends on the woman. I have also heard that it is harder to lose the baby weight if you don't lose it before you get pregnant again.  I would say that is probably true.  I lost all the weight I gained with my son plus an additional 20 lbs before I got pregnant with this one.  Right now, with my weight gain from this baby, I weigh what I weighed when I got pregnant with my son.  You can do workouts at home, you don't have to go to a gym to lose weight.  You can also do weight watchers.  It is super easy and you really do get results!  Good luck sweetie with whatever you decide.

pregnancy week by week
Evansmom24
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Well I have read that it takes 2 years for your muscles to completely recover from a pregnancy. I read it in Women's Health. However, that isn't to say that your muscles can't or won't heal after another pregnancy. I think that if you want to lose a little bit of the baby weight first then maybe try to do that just through exercise and a good diet (not restricting calories) and if you get pregnant you get pregnant. I would just continue to workout during pregnancy and eating the way you should and I don't think you would have anything to worry about after that baby came along. If you really want another one then that is what it ultimately comes down to. As for number 3 I really can't say. I hear about people who needed drugs to get pregnant the first time and after that they got pregnant no problem. I've also heard about people who got pregnant the first time without any problem and then took years for the second one so anything is possible.

LovingIT2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I understand where you are coming from. I went through the same thing. You need to enjoy your little one that you have now. I would say give it some time but its your life. I was born May 25th and my brother was June 8th the following year. My mom and aunt are 9 months apart literally. So you can do it you just have to think of the pros and cons......GOOD LUCK

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

i know a few people that have become pregnant a few months after giving birth and they went on to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies..i too just had a baby..he is 3 months old and i just found out last sunday that we are expecting again..as for having to go back on Clomid again..u may not have to..im not sure..if you would like to join my group you are more then welcome to..its for moms who are pregnant again after just having a baby and for moms that are TTC soon after having a baby..there are already 20 members..im sure u could also get great advise there..the link is:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pregnantagainsosoon

some moms have told me they tried the link and it didnt work..if it dont work, just go to my profile, u can get it there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)