Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for those who have had more than one kid

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

So with my first 2 pregnancies which were both girls, I was extremely sick with morning sickness which lasted morning, noon and night by my 5th month of pregnancy, I was also extremely tired all the time at first and could barely stay awake, i had horrible heartburn too. Well I am 8 wks along with my 3rd child and the is a completely different pregnancy in fact i made my husband go buy me my fourth test just to make sure. I have not been sick or nauseous, nor heatburn and not that tired. I feel great! every one keeps telling me that since this one is so different than the first 2 which were both girls, I am most likely having boy. 

So my question is has anyone had completely opposite pregnancy even tho both pregnancies were the same sex?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JessMomof2boys
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Yes, I have 2 boys.....carried them completely different, felt completely different, one of them I had to be induced at 40 weeks, the other was born premature....they were both COMPLETE opposite pregnancies and they were both boys.  This time we didn't find out the sex.  This pregnancy is completely different from either of my first two.  I just think every pregnancy is different...it really has nothing to do with the sex of the baby.

pregnancy week by week

mommy228
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM

me! i had no morning sickness or aches and pains, a very easy pregnancy with my first son. with my second son...totally different. i could hardly eat and i was in pain all the time. just a totally different experience.

Good luck mamma!  and congrats on your baby!

stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM

with me i was extremely lucky, i have 6 children. first a boy then 2 girls the 3 boys.. i was NEVER sick with any of them at all..i just found out last sunday that we are expecting lucky #7..and so far, no sickness..(knock on wood)

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM

my pregnancies were all similar. i mean i had different issues with each one, but they were generally easy pregnancies. i have a girl and 2 boys.  each pregnancy is different, so just cause this one is SO different doesnt mean that it will be a boy.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
summerbreeze30
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM

My first - Very sick for 4 mos. .....Girl

My 2nd - No morning sickness ......Girl

Third - Slight nausea, no actual vomiting, not tired at all..........Boy

I am almost 26 weeks, I am more tired now then in my first trimester. Indigestion has just started kicking my A**.

What I notice that is different with the girls and a boy. Is my cravings. With the girls I was hungry all the time, I was like an empty pit. i craved sweets a lot.

With a boy, I am hardly ever hungry but have gained more weight than with the girls. I also crave salty things and like cinnamon candies, sweet tarts, sour. I never liked candy before I liked chocolate and cookies. ????

pregnant
cowgirls10181
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I had one boy and then a girl and felt the same with both of them the whole time

CaiNy5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM

my 1st pregnancy and my this one, my 3rd, are both boys, and Im going thru so many different things. With my first, the only prob I had was that I gained so much weight (70 lbs) and I was swollen really bad. But this baby is kicking my ass....Ive had issues with being severly dizzy, morning sickness, bad headaches, bad heartburn, my legs hurt to the point where I cant walk, and I was in the hospital b/c I have a short cervix, which can cause preterm labor, so now Im on bedrest. And Im only in my 29th wk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)