• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postpartum Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am kinda confused. I am 2 weeks postpartum today and it has been a crazy 2 weeks. Last week I didn't really bleed at all; there were days that I didn't bleed at all. And now I am soaking through like 4, maybe 5, pads a day. I am also now having cramps and haven't had any since I left the hospital. I also haven't been sore down there except for when I was in the hospital but now all of a sudden I am sore and I did some minor exploring and I have 1 stitch left and it is inside my vagina. Anyone know why I would be ok until a few days ago and now all of a sudden be in pain.

Maranatha -

Wife to Donald; Mommy to Haidn 06/15/06 & Kaelen: 01/11/09

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Evansmom24
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I would call your doctor or nurse and ask them. I haven't really heard anything like that before. BUMP

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I definitely think you should call the doctor. You should not soak more than 1 pad in an hour. I am talking a soaked pad in an hour. I was very sore for about a week after down there and I had a really heavy feeling like somethings going to fall out with both boys and that lasts about 2 weeks. Are you resting and taking it easy?  not vaccuming or lifting heavy things. I didn't have stitches so I am sure you will be in a lot more pain in that area. I still think you should at least let your doctor know what is going on. Maybe everything didn't come out. I hope everything is okay and you are just having normal symptoms of after birth.

doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:23 PM

What have you been doing lately~   more active?

"The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works--"       ~obama

Ask this of our maternity care system, as well.

"I am a lefty, get used to it"      ~obama

purpleducky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Thanks ladies. I actually have been resting more since hubby is rested and has been helping out more.

Maranatha -

Wife to Donald; Mommy to Haidn 06/15/06 & Kaelen: 01/11/09

mommymary6507
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I was like that, it was from left over placenta. Go see your Doctor.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Since PP had a problem, I would call  in just to be safe. 

But that happened to me and  I was fine. It did seem to correlate(sp) with too much standing, walking, and lifting. My son was ill and after weeks of dr appts, walking, holding him for long wait times on my feet, going out for visits , and my normal house duties I started bleeding and would feel almost like my vagina was heavy and could fall out haha. The  more I stood, the more I bled.

GL

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)