Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody been sick like this lately?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so on Wednesday night I started to not feel well with a cough....Thursday morning I woke up barely able to move. My throat hurt SOO bad....I had a really rough cough, bad runny nose and a headache that comes and goes. I had a fever that was on and off on Friday but thats gone away.  Well today is Sunday and I still don't feel any better. I know I can't take medication but I have tried gurgling warm salt water.....drinking hot water with honey and lemon....sitting in the bathroom with a hot shower running....and NOTHING has helped!! Has anybody had anything like this recently?? How long did it last? My cough and throat are definatly the worst (and i keep coughing things up.........sorry TMI). I am going crazy now and getting pretty angry/frusturated!! I havn't left the house since Wednesday! I have no appetite and am trying as hard as I can to drown myself in fluids but thats hard too. Does ANYBODY have suggestions?? Or at least tell me how long it lasted for you.....

Just to add....I am 36 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow.

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I have had something similar for a week straight now.  I'm 32 weeks and of course, not much you can take.  You can take Tylenol cold medicine, I know that's one the doctor's let you take.  Could be you have strep, with your throat being sore like that.  Last night was the first night since last Sunday that I actually slept.  Another trick I just learned from my sister is to take some Vick's vapor rub and rub it on your feet and put some socks on.  Do this at bedtime.  It does work.  Of course, it's not a for sure fix-it, and it's not immediate, but it does help. 

mommy2be838
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM

try to do the brat diat while pregnant.

Banana

Rice

Apples

Toast

chel1195
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Mine lasted well over 2 months... I let it go until it turned to pneumonia.  I thought I was handling it.  Tell your doctor about it- there may be something he can do.  Don't let it go too long b/c seriously pneumonia sucks so bad!

Brendon David born 11/09/05

Hoping for a girl! Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

mommy588
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM

well i had the same thing about two months ago and it lasted for about a month my ob told me the only thing i could take was robitussin at night and tylenol that is it i still have a little cough but other than that i feel just fine you can also try getting some stuff that you put in your bath water for congestion i did and it helped alot also warm tea helps well that is about all i have in my bag of tricks hope this helps but always ask your doc what you can take before you do anything that is what they are there for so call them no matter when day or night better safe than sorry

hope you feel better soon

megan

NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

2 months?? EEK! I am going nuts after 4 days!! I couldn't do it for 2 months!

Quoting chel1195:

Mine lasted well over 2 months... I let it go until it turned to pneumonia.  I thought I was handling it.  Tell your doctor about it- there may be something he can do.  Don't let it go too long b/c seriously pneumonia sucks so bad!

expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05

Allison7777
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I have been sick now for almost a week with what sounds like to same bug. I am very blessed that my mom (who lives 2 hors away) took my son for the weekend (while my husband was helping my sister 4 hours away). I have the entire house to myself and don't have to do anything but lay on the couch with the dog, sleep, and watch movies. I still don't feel much better so I am going to the MD's tomarrow to get checked out for bronchitis and/or pneumonia. Don't let it go too long!!!
Good luck and God bless!

Just remember

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away               (I don't remember who wrote that)

momofeddienseb
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM

with my last pregnancy i was sick like that for a month straight. nothing i could really do. i wanna say i was about 30 weeks at that time.

Blinkie Maker
Sunshine172
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM

yuppers.. i've had mine for like 2 ish weeks now. doc said it should clear up on its own in its own time.. you'll sstart feeling a bit better in a couple days probably

kymberlia
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM

i was exactly like this with my 3rd pregnancy in 2007 and just about 36 wks as well.  it was awful and i was already on bedrest as it was.  I lost my taste buds and everything and was still sick 2 wks later when I delivered at 38 wks.  the only thing they let me take was Tylenol cold and sinus which worked a little but I had to take it every 6 hrs or whatever the box said.  it was awful.  I feel for you.......

fsuandi7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I had something like that about 3 weeks ago and I took tylenol cold/flu. I had the flu and a minor bladder infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)