Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16wks and no energy!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

hey all so im 16wks now and i have NO energy!!! i got my energy back at 13wks and then suddnely at 15wks it dissapered. also i have been getting burises for no reason.  seriously, if my husbnad just taps me i get a bad bruise. also i can sleep 10 hrs at night, get up and an hr later im in bed for 2hrs and will take another 2hr nap later in the evening and STILL sleep all night. dose this sound like i could be anemic? my dr wont retest my iron levels till i am 20wks, even tho i told her this is going on. what dose everyone think? could i be anemic? please help!!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1sttimemom512
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Sweetie, you're pregnant.  Of course you have no energy.  I am 39 weeks and still have no energy... Good luck...

bjbaby1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM

http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_hrpregnant/aip.cfm

i just googled anemia during pregnancy. whenever im not sure of anything thats going on with my body when im pregnant, i just google it and that usually helps until i can get ahold of my doc.

chenoa2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM

anyone else?? bump!!!

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I didn't stop getting tired until about 20 weeks, but then it also came back around 27.. :(  As for bruising, I do it like a banana and I don't have anemia.. Then again, I also bruised the same before I was pregnant..  Ah, I guess I'm no help.. haha..

pregnancy

miss_nevin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I would make sure you get all the food you need think about the fact that the baby is taking so much from you.. and well you need food  too :)

MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I was like that till about 20 weeks or so, just exhausted & really needed to take a decent nap everyday. And then i finally got my energy back, but now I'm almost 33 weeks and it's gone again! LOL It could be anemia, that's a possibility, but it's totally normal to be really tired and have 0 energy most of your pregnancy. Not sure about the bruising though!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

mommie0ffive
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Quoting 1sttimemom512:

Sweetie, you're pregnant.  Of course you have no energy.  I am 39 weeks and still have no energy... Good luck...

Its kinda funny that you say that.  Last week I went to the dr and explain to her that I had energy, im 21 weeks and that i know pregnant women dont have energy but this was beyond that so she did blood work and found out that i was anemic.....so just because ur pregnant doesnt mean that everything is to blame on your pregnancy.......it kills me when dr say that....so if i get the flu are they going to say its because your pregnant.....

chenoa2008
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM

this is excatly my prob i am BEYOND tierd. sure im pregnant so i expect to feel a little tierd, but needing 14hrs of sleep a day is a bit extrem and this is excalty how i fel when pre with my DS. my dr wont test me again till feb 20th but need help now!!

Quoting mommie0ffive:

Quoting 1sttimemom512:

Sweetie, you're pregnant. Of course you have no energy. I am 39 weeks and still have no energy... Good luck...

Its kinda funny that you say that. Last week I went to the dr and explain to her that I had energy, im 21 weeks and that i know pregnant women dont have energy but this was beyond that so she did blood work and found out that i was anemic.....so just because ur pregnant doesnt mean that everything is to blame on your pregnancy.......it kills me when dr say that....so if i get the flu are they going to say its because your pregnant.....

mommie0ffive
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Quoting chenoa2008:

this is excatly my prob i am BEYOND tierd. sure im pregnant so i expect to feel a little tierd, but needing 14hrs of sleep a day is a bit extrem and this is excalty how i fel when pre with my DS. my dr wont test me again till feb 20th but need help now!!

Quoting mommie0ffive:

Quoting 1sttimemom512:

Sweetie, you're pregnant. Of course you have no energy. I am 39 weeks and still have no energy... Good luck...

Its kinda funny that you say that. Last week I went to the dr and explain to her that I had energy, im 21 weeks and that i know pregnant women dont have energy but this was beyond that so she did blood work and found out that i was anemic.....so just because ur pregnant doesnt mean that everything is to blame on your pregnancy.......it kills me when dr say that....so if i get the flu are they going to say its because your pregnant.....

My dr didnt wont to do the blood work either until i was 24 weeks, and i am only 21 weeks.....i basically had to demand it.......and ive been taking an iron pill for a few days now and i can already tell the difference!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)