Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so sick of being pregnant.  Doctor says that at 39 weeks there would be no problem having the baby.  What do you all suggest I do to start labor... if I wasn't so physically miserable it wouldn't bother me to just wait it out, but I am severely miserable.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2dennis
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Sex and lots of walking...

pregnancy calendar
HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I walked a lot to get my first labor going, but it only made me dialate but not break water.

I have heard to eat really hot mexican food. idk

Also to have sex because sperm thins the cervix.

Walking works with some people didn't with me.

with my first I was not sleeping and I was dialated to 7 and the doctor went ahead and broke my water. I had him 6 hours later.

doulala
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Miserable~  what is going on?   How can you find some comfort?  

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

chel1195
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Sex, walking, nipple stimulation... IDK, lol.  I didn't have a problem going into labor, I went too early.  I hope you get some good advice!

Brendon David born 11/09/05

Hoping for a girl! Due 07/19/2009

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

EmKirkham
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Ugh!! I am right there with you!!  I am SO SO done with this!!  I really want to scream... this is what I have been doing and what seems to be working...

First everyone, EVERYONE and their dogs will say sex and walking, I always get annoyed with it in a way because I swear its like pregnancy 101 to know that!!  UGH!!  But in all actuality, I have been having sex maybe a couple times a week if that, and just because of how I feel physically its probably not having the effects it could if I were more into it, so as a substitute I use Evening Primrose Oil vitamins (found in the vitamin section) and I use them as a vaginal suppository to soften things up and they are working just as well....

As for the walking I HATE hearing that!! I sat there and I have thought I have been walking my butt off at work and such and it doesn't really do anything, then I have a day where I sit alot and find it does even less!!  LOL!!  So the other day my husband and I went to one of our bigger retail stores/grocery stores in town, you could go to Walmart or something, and we walked every single aisle, not even kidding, when I needed a bathroom break we went right back to where we left off!!  And while doing this I tried to speed walk as best as I could... well surprisingly this has actually sent me over the edge!!!  So it does work I think you just have to get up and do it the right way, so no just going grocery shopping or running an erran or two, you gotta get up and walk your butt off!!! 

Also I have been drinking Red Raspberry Tea, Using an exercise ball and rolling my hips to open them up, squats, gosh I think I am missing something but yeah I think everything together is helping to prepare my body but yeah unfortunately I have to wait until she is ready BUT this is all helping and I know it is, she has moved so low that I had to sleep with 3 pillows stacked between my legs last night!!  She is right there and ready and so yeah I know its getting me somewhere, and as much as the waiting sucks its helping me to feel like I still have SOME control over it!!  LOL!!  Like I am doing SOMETHING to get me there!!! 

Oh hang in there, I know this was a long one but hopefully it helps with something!!  Maybe you'll be able to find something here that works!!!  GL!!

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)