Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats up with that??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

So this morning about 2am I started having contractions every 10-15 minutes. I had them for about 4 hours and then they just stopped!!! I was fully convinced that i was in labor and was waiting to wake up my husband once they got more intense...but they just stopped coming. Has anyone else had this happen?? Does this mean I may go into labor soon?? Its never happened to me before.

pregnancy

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Walking a lot and possibly sex may help you now since your body has already started...but usually you need to have just had contractions or still are..

Physcial activity should bring them back. Bc I  am having them and they told me stop all physicall activity and  see if they stop..

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
CaiNy5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

that happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy...and my water ended up breaking a week later. So I think its normal...and thats y the docs always tell us to wait until we're in active labor to go to the hospital, b/c things like that can happen. How far along are u?

jazzyjae
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

38 wks and 2 days. Ya, i didnt want to go to the hospital until they were closer together anyway. but a week later is fine with me! : )

Quoting CaiNy5:

that happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy...and my water ended up breaking a week later. So I think its normal...and thats y the docs always tell us to wait until we're in active labor to go to the hospital, b/c things like that can happen. How far along are u?

pregnancy

EmKirkham
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I'm right there this morning too!!!  I haven't slept all night because she is so low and I couldn't get comfortable between the horribly sharp pressure and the lower back pain and the cramps but then this morning all I have is the really bad pressure and pain and the back pain occasionally, but nothing is consistant, I guess it works since I have to go out of town to sell a puppy today and I told her she has to wait until we get back later tonight but I am telling you then, we are WALKING WALKING WALKING....  I hate when people say this but I finally did some major walking the other day, went to fred meyers and walked EVERY aisle and WOW!!!  It really really worked!!! :)  We'll just have to see if I can do it though, with her sitting so so low!!

babies
HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM

It may just be braxton hix I had contractions for months before I actually went in to labor. I had them continuously a few weeks before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)