Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Vicks

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone know if it is safe to use Vick's baby rub on my 2 year old? she is really congested and I remember I used it awhile ago on her and everything was fine and then my husband thinks that he saw on the news that it shouldn't be used...does anyone know

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM

i used it on my daughter when she was younger and she seamed fine, but i didnt use it much on her at all. just a little bit and not alot of days.

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

It was on the news that it wasnt safe, but that is because people arent using it properly.  If you rub it on the chest, you will be fine.  People are actually putting it on Q-Tips and rubbing on the inside of kids' nose.......that is just crazy

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

i use it on my 2 yr old. i wouldnt use it on asher though, i think he is way too young for that.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
kissmiss213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM

that would BURN!

Quoting Crystallynn:

It was on the news that it wasnt safe, but that is because people arent using it properly.  If you rub it on the chest, you will be fine.  People are actually putting it on Q-Tips and rubbing on the inside of kids' nose.......that is just crazy

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
deb1229
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I use it on my 3 year old . . . works like a charm.  Also, if they have a coughing fit in the middle of the night and you can't get it to stop, just rub a little Vick's on each foot and put their socks back on.  Stops the cough!

mom2twingirls2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Quoting deb1229:

I use it on my 3 year old . . . works like a charm.  Also, if they have a coughing fit in the middle of the night and you can't get it to stop, just rub a little Vick's on each foot and put their socks back on.  Stops the cough!

This works. I have twin girls and anytime they are congested at night, I put vicks on their feet and then I put their socks on and they sleep much better. I have never tried it any other way.

ariannasmama807
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

just dont use it on or around their nose. i but it on my dd's back and sometimes the bottom of her feet.

fsuandi7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

What is it about the feet that helps the cough? She has a very bad cough. PLus poor baby wont take her antibiotics so I may be going back to doc tomorrow morning.

Quoting mom2twingirls2:

Quoting deb1229:

This works. I have twin girls and anytime they are congested at night, I put vicks on their feet and then I put their socks on and they sleep much better. I have never tried it any other way.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

it's fine just use it appropriately

aleah.michelle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

My dr. said that if you use vicks on anyone under 2 that you should just rub it on their feet and then put socks on them.  This is the safest way but still just as effective.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)