• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

caffeine lover, anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi, I am a big fan of Starbucks lattes; I regularly have one triple! (that means 3 espresso shots) nonfat latte in the morning and another in the afternoon.
I've read that 200mg of caffeine is ok (each espresso has 75mg) so Im cutting back but still having the good stuff; I now order my latte with 2 regular shots and one decaf.
I am just 4 weeks pregnant with my second baby and last time I didn't crave coffee at all but now I am loving it.
Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaKelz
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM

oh dont talk about Starbucks!! Ive been craving a tazo chai latte so bad lately!!! :)

pregnancy due date

Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I love caffiene.... Luckily not as badly as I used to, I was known for drinking a full pot of black coffee (strong) by myself just in the morning.. Then drinking a whole canister of cappicinno mix in a day or two.. lol.. Also love soda.. I read not to go over about 2 or 3 cups.. Which is 16 to 24 ounces and that's what I do..

pregnancy

Becca87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I'm not much into coffee but I do miss having energy drinks and caffienated soda. I especially miss being able to have the NOS energy drinks, they helped me so much.

lil_bittie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM

UGH! I used to drink coffee every morning along with one soda every day.  I can't even think about it now.  Of course I have caffine withdraws but I drink one glass of sweet tea in the morning to offset that.  If I even smell coffee or look at soda I feel sick.  I guess my baby is telling me something.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Hmm. I don't know I can check in a lil bit. My dr said I can have 2 cups of lipton tea per day but not all at once. like morning and again after dinner.

I'll check the amount of caffine in each tea bag...

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
stacy2607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

ok, i know i might get bashed for this one...but when i was pregnant(my son is now 3 months old) i loved my caffeine, i drank it all day every day..between Dr. Pepper, French Vanilla Cappuccino, and Iced Tea..i drank iced tea every day, Cappuccino once or twice a week and dr perrer about 4 times a weeks..and my son turned out perfectly fine..i mean i did also drink water and juice..he was not a premie, he was actually a day late..he does not cry alot(like caffeine addicted) hes fine..not that im saying u should drink caffeine all the time and its fine..im just telling how i was..i wish i could have cut back and i really wanted to but  i was addicted...i got headaches if i didnt drink it..i just found out on sunday that we are pregnant again expecting lucky #7..i plan on doing better this time..i already started..my husband bought me a 24 pack of bottled water less then a week ago and there is only like 3 bottles left..its like water is all i want..which is a good thing.

ozzyswifey
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I AM ADDICTED TO CARAMEL FRAPACINO'S!  And soda lol i cant live without it I cut down but well i need my soda dammit

dozerfamily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I crave iced tea and coffee like crazy!!

kaysha
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I never cut back on caffine with dd or ds. I was drinking a 12 pack of dr pepper in 2 days. I have cut back with this one, I have a cup of coffee in the mornings and a soda or 2 a day. other then that, its water.

CaiNy5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I worked at Starbucks for a long time, and since quitting, I still need my caffiene fix...so I'll indulge a couple of times a week. I hate the taste of decaf, so usually I'll just get one less shot. I was never a big soda drinker, so that part doesnt affect me too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)