• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need mom to be input!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am wanting to become a midwife but am torn.  I made a poll to see how many people would use a midwife.  If you have a minute, please vote on it for me.  You can find it on my page!  Thanks ladies!! 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

i have a midwife right now and honestly i like her better than the doctor i started with.,

1sttimemom512
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I have an OB , but there are aso midwives on his team.  It wouldn't bother me one bit to have one of the midwives to deliver my son... Everyone of them are awesome!

Konalove
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM

What kind of midwife do you want to be? A homebirth midwife or a hospital midwife. There is a pretty big difference in the two.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

midwives are illegal in some states. they also usually are not covered by insurence, limiting who can see them, unless they work out of a OBGYN, follow their practices with a tiny twist, and are then called "medwives"...which  I learned in here =o)

If they were covered by insurence... I think I might see one. But then again I am having worse problems with my "medwives" then I had with the drs...

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
gradysmom2006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Well I live in IL, where the only legally practicing midwives are CNM's.  So I would go that route.  A few years ago they passed a bill to open 10 birthing centers statewide and none have materialized.  My dream is to never have to work in a hospital, but to open my own birthing center as soon as I get my degree finished.  If I can find a doctor to support me I then could do births at the center and also at home. 

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

What kind of Midwife are you thinking about becoming?

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM

CNM are legal in all states.

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

midwives are illegal in some states. they also usually are not covered by insurence, limiting who can see them, unless they work out of a OBGYN, follow their practices with a tiny twist, and are then called "medwives"...which  I learned in here =o)

If they were covered by insurence... I think I might see one. But then again I am having worse problems with my "medwives" then I had with the drs...

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)