Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'll be 5months this week is it to early to start shopping for the baby?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultrakiwi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

It is never to early, Imo.. I waited until I was 32 weeks to get anything.. I really wish I would have started stocking up sooner to save on cost...

pregnancy

mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

no its not/.  I started shopping almost as soon as i found out we were pregnant and then when we found out it was a girl and then went shopping for everything else.  I was done shopping at like 7 months.

MommyIvy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Nope, I started buying about then.

I love my son Pictures, Images and PhotosEXPECTING A GIRL Pictures, Images and Photosproud c section mommy Pictures, Images and PhotosFormula feeding mom Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in March Pictures, Images and PhotosHappily Married rings Pictures, Images and Photos

LisaKelz
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

no way!! im only 12 weeks & we've already stocked up on diapers, etc!!

afrw2007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I didnt buy anything until i found out it was a boy. I bought a pump some air-vent bottles and then i only bought a couple outfits for just in case because i didnt have my baby shower until a couple weeks befor he was born. but i got pretty much everything i needed from that.

I had the first grandbaby on both sides of the family. And i was very lucky they helped out so much bc we just moved out of state and where about to move to another state for military.

I got a stroller and carseat set, 2 diaper bags, bottles, clothes, some toys, bathing thing, crib and plus some.

I would buy some Aveno baby lotion though. The one for relaxing and calming works wonders for night time. But there really is no time line to buy if you dont buy in bulk at the end the price wont hit you as hard.

Every child picks their parents befor angels deliver them to the world.

baby boy

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM

If you know the sex its never too early.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
LovingIT2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I went shopping at 15 weeks.... Go...and have fun doing it :)

Jillian
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM

And if you want to get unisex necessities like diapers and bottles plus you can theme a nursery for both and that's fun to start early plus you won't feel so overwehlmed later it all starts to add up. Have fun it can be addicting!!!!!

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

If you know the sex its never too early.

jessica.simpler
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM

NO WAY!! I started shopping as SOON as I found out I was pregnant! I would look for coupons for things like diapers, wipes, lotion, and wash && i started stalking up! Now I'm getting close to being due and I feel SO prepared! Believe me, you want to start NOW! =)

absinth13
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:50 AM

I started  buying things the week I found out I was pregnant lol. Just little things here and there. I didn't really start  buying unti I found out what I was having at 20 weeks. It's not too early at all. It will make things easier because you can buy a little at a time instead of having to get it all within a few months or weeks and feel rushed and overwhelmed about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)